Barcelona Information Thread

J4FOW said:
I'm on the match day return flights with vueling from Manchester. Anyone have any tips on getting from the ground to the airport after the match? I expect it could be more complicated than just flagging a cab...

Thanks in advance
You can take the L3 Green Line metro from Maria Cristina or Les Corts to Barcelona Sants (Sants Estacio), which is the main train station. There's trains from there to the airport every 30 mins, I think. The first part is only 2 or 3 stops on the metro, and then the train will take about 25 mins.

Or get the Metro to Plaza Catalunya and jump on the Aerobus A1 for Terminal 1 and A2 for Terminal 2, or grab a taxi if there are any around.

Don't know what it's like getting a taxi after a game, but with 90,000 people wandering about, I imagine it's not easy.

Dubai Blue said:
J4FOW said:
I'm on the match day return flights with vueling from Manchester. Anyone have any tips on getting from the ground to the airport after the match? I expect it could be more complicated than just flagging a cab...

Thanks in advance
You can take the L3 Green Line metro from Maria Cristina or Les Corts to Barcelona Sants (Sants Estacio), which is the main train station. There's trains from there to the airport every 30 mins, I think. The first part is only 2 or 3 stops on the metro, and then the train will take about 25 mins.

Or get the Metro to Plaza Catalunya and jump on the Aerobus A1 for Terminal 1 and A2 for Terminal 2, or grab a taxi if there are any around.

Don't know what it's like getting a taxi after a game, but with 90,000 people wandering about, I imagine it's not easy.

Really helpful - thanks mate

Didn't realise ticket details had gone on website until yesterday . Bit worried points only go down to 9000 as I have 7600 and flights/hotel booked . Thought we had 5000 tickets is that not right ? Anyone know if it's likely tickets will go to less than 9000 points ?

Hiya pal.
Could take the train as we land at T2 and train station only a few minutes away.
Travel to Barca Sants and then pick up the Blanes train and jump off at Callela
But easier way is <a class="postlink" href="http://www.shuttledirect.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.shuttledirect.com</a> @ £23.60 return
Looking good for the shuttledirect bus I think as its much less papping about and door to door.
On match day might get a return by train to Barca from Callela
Amaika hotel is only 5 mins walk to the station

Foe23 said:
Taximania said:
Calella for us, with no pockets to pick as we'll have our trunks on.
Fly Monarch from Manny on Sunday n back Friday
All inclusive at H Top Amaika FOR £120 each for the five nights
More or less on the beach and only five minute walk from the train station
Pie n mash land and fun fun fun in the sun
This is the real Spain with none of that unpretentious cosmopolitan twaddle of Gaudi and the las Ramblas
Happyville indeed
Wish you were here !

3 of us have booked exactly the same dates and hotel, should be fun look forward to seeing you there. What's are your transfer plans?

taximania , look into the night of the match , I may be wrong but don't think there will be a train back so late to calella , that's why im looking at booking macs return coach

Last train back from Sants is 22.55
So hour and a half to get to station.
Might be tight.
Does macs coach travel to Barca Centre for the obligatory day time drinking session and then come back direct from the ground after the match or is it straight to the ground and back again ?
Dilemma we have is not got tickets up to press but god loves a trier.
If we are not fortunate then at least we shall be as close to the ground as we can possibly get with a reasonable chance of spares or touts ; Adios amigo.

Taximania said:
Might be tight.
Does macs coach travel to Barca Centre for the obligatory day time drinking session and then come back direct from the ground after the match or is it straight to the ground and back again ?
If we are not fortunate then at least we shall be as close to the ground as we can possibly get with a reasonable chance of spares or touts ; Adios amigo.

Are you forgetting Barca is an hour ahead of the UK. Kick off not till 8.45pm Spanish time I think. So earliest finish is 10.30 (as long as there isn't extra time). Very tight to get out of the ground and to the station....

Yep,thanks for the heads up on that.
Pm'd mac for coach details
Always stayed in centres on other Euros apart from Villareal and we had a coach for that

Bluearmy said:
Taximania said:
Might be tight.

Are you forgetting Barca is an hour ahead of the UK. Kick off not till 8.45pm Spanish time I think. So earliest finish is 10.30 (as long as there isn't extra time). Very tight to get out of the ground and to the station....

taxi , I believe arriving barca centre early afternoon then coach back from stadium so ideal . quoted me £18 from calella

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.