Barcelona Information Thread

The Fat el Hombre said:
Dubai Blue said:
mcfcirlam said:
17 of us going with the Spike day trip.
Only got 2 tickets between us.
I am quite chilled about the situation, if a ticket comes my way, great.
If not here is my strategy.
Enjoy the Ramblas until about 3pm.
Based on reading Bluemoon there could be more than 1000 without tickets.
If we find bars near the stadium by 4pm and there are 1000+ of us and the attendance looks like being below 90, 000 they may decide it is better for us all to be in the ground rather than outside.
How about the possibility of opening a pay on the gate even if we have to pay more than £77.
Just sat here thinking of different options.
Based on my previous experiences in Barcelona, I wouldn't bother watching it anywhere near the ground as there are much better places to be (the Nou Camp's in a fairly quiet residential area). Plus the police won't want us hanging around there and it'll be a nightmare getting back into town after the match.

If you haven't got a ticket by 4pm on the day of the match, you won't be getting in so just focus on enjoying the rest of the day. Everyone will spend the day drinking cans in Placa Reial off Las Ramblas, and that end of town is the best place to stay when the lucky 4,000 head off to the ground.

That where away fans usually go before the game? Looks a decent little courtyard to get on it

Looks good to me it's right near my BOUTIQUE* hotel. Check in at 1 so I should be on it there by quarter past

*SHIT-HOLE
I happened to be there back in 2007 when Liverpool played them and that's where all the dippers gathered. I reckon there must have been at least 4,000 of them in that square. We'd been walking around Barcelona all day and hardly saw any Liverpool fans till we walked past Placa Reial at about 3pm.

The police seemed happy enough to have everyone contained in one area (they just sat in their vans in the alleyways leading of the square) and most of the building owners were okay with them draping flags out of the upper floors. There wasn't any bother at all from what I saw.

The restaurants and bars around the square were ridiculously expensive, but once it had filled up a bit everyone was just getting cans from the local shops. Everyone headed off to the ground about 2 hours before kick off and the rest without tickets started filling up all the pubs around that part of town.

I hope the police are equally as accommodating with us as it was a brilliant day out (despite being surrounded by scousers) and I've always wanted to experience it again with City.

Anyone flying out from Newcastle on the morning of the game?

9:45am Wednesday.

BlueT said:
charliebigspuds said:
we're staying at Hotel Lloret Ramblas http://www.hlloret.com/ for two nights, dirt cheap at around £25 per night iirc, anyone else in here?

We're flying from Gatwick on the Tuesday morning, getting the train to Gatwick on Monday night and staying in a travelodge down there at £26 for a double room, seemed a better option than driving down in the early hours.

We are staying at the Lloret Ramblas as well, 3 of us. 2 arrive Tuesday afternoon via Munich, and I arrive early Tuesday evening via Geneva.

I'm in Geneva for 5 hours, anyone know any good pubs?

5 of us on the same flight might go in to Geneva for a couple of hours.

YaYa said:
Anyone flying out from Newcastle on the morning of the game?

9:45am Wednesday.
Yep, me and the missus are on that flight out, coming back Friday, staying at the hotel husa international cool on las rambles, £125 each for flight and bed and breakfast, bargain.

se3equ2y.jpg

Bit high up :(

pendlebury blue said:
BlueT said:
charliebigspuds said:
we're staying at Hotel Lloret Ramblas http://www.hlloret.com/ for two nights, dirt cheap at around £25 per night iirc, anyone else in here?

We're flying from Gatwick on the Tuesday morning, getting the train to Gatwick on Monday night and staying in a travelodge down there at £26 for a double room, seemed a better option than driving down in the early hours.

We are staying at the Lloret Ramblas as well, 3 of us. 2 arrive Tuesday afternoon via Munich, and I arrive early Tuesday evening via Geneva.

I'm in Geneva for 5 hours, anyone know any good pubs?

5 of us on the same flight might go in to Geneva for a couple of hours.

Nice one, hopefully there will be a few Blues on this Easyjet flight.

Not a lot of choice in regards to Pubs in Geneva however Charly O'Neills looks, and sounds half decent to me.

Flying out to Alicante afterrnoon of the day before, night in Alicante then a bleeding 4 hour train journey in morning onto Barcelona...

Cannot wait

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.