Barcelona thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why it is generally the tax man who can't hide behind others who comes forward with legal process. The tax people will follow a procedure and end up in court ultimately pushing a winding up petition (known as a 'winder'). If the club cant convince a judge that they have plans in place to pay off the debt then the court can start the process of adiminstartion.
Maybe in the UK but the Spanish authorities have a well documented history of letting clubs owe tax

What intrigues me is the similarity between Barcelona's predicament and that of Leeds United in the early years of the century. Leeds had to sell players (and a great deal more!) to reduce wages and pay of debts incurred trying to finance success and dethrone United.
So we'll end up with the Barca version of Danny Mills!

Maybe in the UK but the Spanish authorities have a well documented history of letting clubs owe tax
Yes I have read that - but there will be a growing list of creditors and someone will do it. I can't see how dropping the wage bill will help them that much - even if they are allowed to rack up tax liabilities for a couple of years the big money items are wages and amounts due to other clubs and agents. The other clubs will need the money and the agents are ruthless.

I have some experience of financing football clubs - and dealing with 'recovery ' cases in Banks.

The shit hits the fan when the bank wont allow payments beyond a limit and the club starts to not pay things that are due. Its always the tax that is first as its the things you get least value from, I would put money on Barca currently not paying the equivalent of PAYE and VAT and other such regular taxes. Then its suppliers especially one off's so a building contractor that did some work that is completed and things like that - now is not a good time to do a job for football club. The last to get cut off are the salaries and ongoing suppliers that you need to survive day to day.

While all the above goes on the club fight off the calls from the creditors hoping to stop legal demands and debt recovery through the courts. There is always goodwill with football clubs and nobody wants to be the first - the name on the court papers pushing the case. That is why it is generally the tax man who can't hide behind others who comes forward with legal process. The tax people will follow a procedure and end up in court ultimately pushing a winding up petition (known as a 'winder'). If the club cant convince a judge that they have plans in place to pay off the debt then the court can start the process of adiminstartion.

Before you get to that point the secured creditors step in. The Banks will hold the security over assets and to avoid a court taking key decisions they can step in and insist the club appoint their own administrator.

Before the club owners/directors start getting controlled by the Banks they look for new Banks or they look to sell to new investors with new money to avoid all of the above. Barca don't have the option of new money from new owners so they dont have many options.

Hopefully they don’t have a Football Creditors type rule in Spain otherwise the dippers will finally get the Coutinho money they keep spending.

You can borrow as much as you like under ffp, providing the repayments etc keep you within the spending limits. This was the whole point of G14 rejecting Platini's original proposal.
By not regulating debt, trouble is just delayed. Barca will be ok, because, for social and political reasons, the banks will not press matters.
100 percent correct. A few years ago when Hearts were owned by the Lithuanians (I think) my wife was their “bank relationship manager”. She was foreclosing on them but didn’t because the bank thought it would be a publicity disaster so they simply “ignored” for fear of the impact

If you are thinking he would need to wait until the next window then that's not the situation as he would be a free agent...who can join outside of a window.
That is absolute rubbish, it only applies to free agents at the time the window closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.