Barcelona thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are his prospects? Is Victor Font still the front runner?

We'll see what he proposes in his platform - in today's press conference he did not detail anything which stands in stark contrast to the detailed platform of Font. Obviously there will be those who are sentimental due to his past success but his very poor candidacy in 2015 will likely give many, including myself, pause. There have been 2 rumours (He did not mention either this morning however) apart from the board he proposes: 1) Messi confidence to continue & 2) A strong relationship with Raiola to facilitate a move for Haaland.

Me, I do not like candidates talking of signings, especially due to the current financial situation. He promised Beckham in 2003 (Ronaldinho was the backup) and Pogba in 2015 so in that regard he's a bit stereotypical as candidates go. He also had Abidal as his choice for SD in 2015 and we all know what a disaster he turned out to be. I think it underscores that it takes a collection of talents to make a successful board but you also have to be a great leader (Which neither Rosell nor Bartomeu were) and in this most believe in him. Plus, no one can question his Barcelonismo - he is blaugrana through & through. Those two facts alone make me pull for him despite Font, on paper, having a more competent/coherent Si Al Futur sporting plan for the future of the club coupled with innovative ideas to expand the social media & club infrastructure

Alexanco is the former head of La Masia that Rosell fired and Laporta has him on his team, this is a big sign but then Font has also included Benaiges & Vila (Also sacked by Rosell & Bartomeu) who were instrumental in La Masia's past success. Sporting Director is key and while Xavi and/or Puyol have been rumoured for Font, Laporta has secured Alemany to select the best SD for the job - perhaps a question of timing or candidates waiting for the dust to settle on who wins before committing but this position is fundamental. The thing is though, Font is an outsider who does not have either the charisma or history with the club - he is not a natural leader having worked with Sorriano & Ingla. In an ideal world the pair would have merged together but there's no question the Presidency will fall between Victor or Joan

There will be debates and here, it is hard to imagine Victor succeeding but his sporting plan is impressive. I fear intransigence going forward if we allow the club to be run again by corporatists which Victor feels like whereas Laporta I trust despite having been previously ill-prepared.

It will boil down, as well, to the Messi question as both the front runners will need to give the impression they can convince the player with their project to continue yet I doubt very much either will be foolish enough to insist they have his blessing as Leo would not want to be a pawn. Difference is though, Messi knows Laporta well and Brunati herself implied there is confidence to possibly continue with him should his plan convince. Big if

Laporta did say this with regards to continuity:

"Messi? Not a question of money. He was never guided by money. The best thing for him is to wait and see who the president will be. With a good proposal, he would choose Barça. He knows me...I hope we will arrive on time. Messi loves Barça. I'm sure he will give the club a chance"

There is also this that has been leaked by Eurosport Spain

Joan Laporta visited Messi at his house days before making his candidacy for the presidency of Barcelona official. The relationship between the former president, the player, his father and representative, is fluid.

His priority is to keep/continue with Messi and wanted first hand to know what his conditions were

Last edited:
Wife wants to go to Barcelona for a weekend trip.
She wants to see some church. I wanted to see the Stadium
Hope its still there when I eventually make it

looking at the table barcelona are in a right old mess ? near the bottom 3 than the top 4
if the stories coming out are true then its not good and players having to wait for wages or barca will not last the season ? they are saying £300million in lost revenue in the past season because of covid-19

funny thing is what will uefa FFP do if they have to ask for a loan from outside the club ? they wanted £300million from the government and the club is already up to the eyes in debt

football and so called the best clubs in the world of football are in a mess WHY ? its a easy question FFP rules
uefa and the FFP team are hell bent on trying to punish manchester city owners for investing into football ?
let me just get this right ? somebody is willing to use his own wealth to invest in world football and they get punished

now look football is on its arse and the so called elite clubs of world football are asking for help because they can not afford to pay wages or running cost ? every single one of the elite clubs are running up high debts year after year because the club itself does not make enough money to keep it running and have to lend money on assets

UEFA and its member have finally have been shown up for what they are ? they are not bothered about FFP and care about football and its clubs ? how can they when all of the elite clubs are in a mess running up debt and have no
trouble with FFP ? the only club that is being run properly and debt free are seen as the problem

GOD i hope barcelona have to fold and sell of its assets because if one of them elite clubs are done and in trouble you can bet every single one of them are also in a big hole ? would be funny to see what UEFA do with FFP and then manchester city spend millions of the clubs money on new players ? we have millions sitting in the bank from winning tiles and cups new kit deals. new sponsorship. new investment with shares sales. and money from being in the champions league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.