Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

BayernMan said:
I don't know what the talk about refs is about, both sides got their share of unfair calls.
And which were the key decisions?

In both games, our players were fouled in the lead up to their goals.

They received a non-penalty for a foul outside the box, we did not, that is hardly "even".

Every 50:50 went their way, how is that even or a fair share?

SWP's back said:
BayernMan said:
I don't know what the talk about refs is about, both sides got their share of unfair calls.

They received a non-penalty for a foul outside the box, we did not, that is hardly "even".

They also had two clearly onside goals ruled out and a clear penalty turned down, so I'm not sure we can claim we were robbed by the officials too much.

I agree that the refs major calls for both teams were equally poor. It's the minor calls that often affect the outcome of the game though and often go unnoticed

The refs constant interruption of the flow of the game, buying into the Barcelona antics, was what hurt the most. It was true in both legs and it leads to player frustration and consequential cards. How many times do we have to see fouls not given to our players but given for the opposition in Europe?

The game is different, I appreciate that and we need to adapt but fairness should be the baseline we work from.

oldius said:
I agree that the refs major calls for both teams were equally poor. It's the minor calls that often affect the outcome of the game though and often go unnoticed

Absolutely. Lescott should've gotten a booking for an early foul on impeding Leo on a minibreak and then for the foul inside the penalty area. Zabaleta never even was booked for his kung fu kick to the chest of Iniesta.

Of course, it's no small matter to deny a pk and a legitimate goal in the 1st half. Reminded me of the 1st leg

Eaglechief said:
oakiecokie said:
Eaglechief said:
I don't think you can blame the "quad" thing on all rags, the media, armchair fans (take your pick).

Blame it on the doddering old fool we have as manager who talked about chasing the "quadruple" openly to the media a couple of months back.
This man is both an idiot and reckless, an idiot for even thinking it, let alone suggesting it openly to the media, and reckless because of the way he has risked injuring key players like Aguero and Negredo, by keeping them on the pitch too long for their first game back from their lay offs.

Pellegrini is a doddering old fool.

Its you who needs to shut the fuck up.Show me evidence when Pelle has stated anything about the quad,apart from claiming each game would determine what we could possibly win.
Only a fucking daft Rag could make a fucking stupid post like yours.

Now, now, just because you've been shown up to be an utter fool for supporting this manager (over the last manager to win us a league title), no need to get so upset about it and call anyone who dares to disagree with you a "RAG".

I'm merely repeating what I've said consistently all season, namely, Pellegrini will not win a league title with City, not this season, nor next, or the one after that.....because he is a doddering old fool.

What a fucking cock!!!!!!

FromPollockToSilva said:
SWP's back said:
BayernMan said:

They also had two clearly onside goals ruled out and a clear penalty turned down, so I'm not sure we can claim we were robbed by the officials too much.
That's true. When asked about the ref being harsh on City, Fabregas thought the interviewer was joking and brought these instances up too.

We can't complain about the ref being against us. We can certainly complain about the officials, yet again in Europe (this is easily getting towards double figures in occasions now), being totally inept.

But they were appalling for both sides in this round.

gmckennasell said:
Kerry bai said:
Barca fan here.

Red was awful. Penalty missed for each side and for the second time we had an onside goal ruled out. Free kick wise we had a few more decisions go our way which often happens for the home team. I also think some of the City players lack experience with European refs.

City played well and are not far off the European elite, but breaking into that top tier is extremely difficult. A couple of new defenders might be the difference.

IMO this tie could have been different but Pell picked the wrong team and tactics in the first leg. Why didn't City play like this at the ethiad? Things might have gone very differently. Also why was Aguero isolated up front? He plays well in a free role behind a striker...

Anyway the real difference between Barca and City over both ties was ... Messi. It's no shame to lose at the hands of Messi. When he's on form he's just unplayable. He was the difference in both ties.

Totally agree Barca are becoming a one man team , take Messi out of the equation , and you wouldnt win anything.
You say that, but there wasn't a weakness in their team that I could see over the two legs.

I thought they were comfortable apart from maybe half a dozen of occasions over 180minutes.

Messi is that good I think it distorts people's view on the rest of their team. They aren't as good as they were from 2009-2011 but they're still probably the third best team in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.