Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

kp789 said:
That said, I dont think we can blame the ref for going out. Messi, Iniesta and Xavi are just a class above.

Neymar is overrated IMO.

The majority of their football is mesmerising which makes the fact they also resort to cheating all the more annoying.

Agree about Neymar,however,the poster boy will prove his real 'worth' in his commercial value.

kp789 said:
The worst refereeing performance I have seen. Both sides had ludicrous decisions against them.

The worst thing about playing spanish teams is if you go near a player they go down and the ref gives a free kick every single time.

I would be interested to see them play us with a british style ref.

That said, I dont think we can blame the ref for going out. Messi, Iniesta and Xavi are just a class above.

Neymar is overrated IMO.

Overrated yet easily could've had a hat trick on the night, hard to take posts like this seriously

2nd half of the season has seen him struggle since the winter break along with the ankle injury. Thought he was sloppy and wasteful at several moments in the match yet popped up to have a goal incorrectly ruled out along with 2 terrific sequences where Hart was forced into fine saves.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:09 am --<br /><br />
tonea2003 said:
take messi out of that side and there is no difference between the two teams bar a dose of conviction

Andres-Iniesta-Barcelona-Liga-Champion-16Feb11-800x549.jpg

FCBarca said:
kp789 said:
The worst refereeing performance I have seen. Both sides had ludicrous decisions against them.

The worst thing about playing spanish teams is if you go near a player they go down and the ref gives a free kick every single time.

Neymar is overrated IMO.

Overrated yet easily could've had a hat trick on the night, hard to take posts like this seriously

2nd half of the season has seen him struggle since the winter break along with the ankle injury. Thought he was sloppy and wasteful at several moments in the match yet popped up to have a goal incorrectly ruled out along with 2 terrific sequences where Hart was forced into fine saves.

-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:09 am --

tonea2003 said:
take messi out of that side and there is no difference between the two teams bar a dose of conviction

we will agree to disagree my friend, imo not much too choose between silva and inesta

you have no player anywhere near kompany

Re: Barcelona Vs City - MCFC OSC Barcelona Branch

First of all, from the Barcelona Branch we would like to thank every City fan we met yesterday. The pub close to Sants Estació (the main railway station) where we use to meet was full of cities we never seen befre (mark aspinall and wayne barker friends basically).

They were absolutely kind!

So, hopefully and even we remain just a few of use (cause we're like 10-15 cities) we'll see u soon!

Thanks mates,

Nacho - MCFC OSC Barcelona Branch

Can't be arsed wading through 39 pages of moaning about the ref.

Just came on here to say I thought we played superbly and on another day might have won convincingly. Contained them in the first half, with good chances of our own, and then bossed it in the second half. Overall I'd say we deserved at least a draw and possibly should have won.

IF we can play like that every game, we will win the league easily. That performance would have beaten any PL side comfortably, imho.

Oh. and great support from our lads too. Could hear them singing away on numerous occassions.

tonea2003 said:
we will agree to disagree my friend, imo not much too choose between silva and inesta

Silva's quality notwithstanding, you're in a distinct minority regarding Iniesta and apparently weren't watching the match very carefully is all I can counter with

David Silva on the Don:

"The press often ask me about Messi and Ronaldo and who is the best but one thing for me is very clear. The No.1 is Andres Iniesta, because he is my team-mate for Spain and I can see that he is able to do even more difficult things on the pitch. Andres is magic with the ball and a great person, a big player for the team,"

As for Vincent, it's true, we don't have a defender we can blame for being responsible for two goals in the tie like Kompany was

tonea2003 said:
FCBarca said:
kp789 said:

Neymar is overrated IMO.

2nd half of the season has seen him struggle since the winter break along with the ankle injury. Thought he was sloppy and wasteful at several moments in the match yet popped up to have a goal incorrectly ruled out along with 2 terrific sequences where Hart was forced into fine saves.

-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:09 am --

tonea2003 said:

As much as i love David, you must put down you blue-tinted shades : at 28 year old, he will never be half the player Iniesta is, nor achieve half of what he achieved,
Iniesta will be remembered as one of the greatest player of the decade, just overshadowed by a certain Tranny and Messi guy.

FCBarca said:
tonea2003 said:

Silva's quality notwithstanding, you're in a distinct minority regarding Iniesta and apparently weren't watching the match very carefully is all I can counter with

David Silva on the Don:

"The press often ask me about Messi and Ronaldo and who is the best but one thing for me is very clear. The No.1 is Andres Iniesta, because he is my team-mate for Spain and I can see that he is able to do even more difficult things on the pitch. Andres is magic with the ball and a great person, a big player for the team,"

As for Vincent, it's true, we don't have a defender we can blame for being responsible for two goals in the tie like Kompany was

"We?" Can I ask how many times you've seen your beloved Barca in the flesh?

Supporting a team from another country is fine. When that team has been the best in the world over the past decade the suspicion is of glory-hunting.

Lucky Toma said:
"We?" Can I ask how many times you've seen your beloved Barca in the flesh?

Supporting a team from another country is fine. When that team has been the best in the world over the past decade the suspicion is of glory-hunting.

15 years a fan, Barcelona is like a 2nd home

grasping-at-straws1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.