Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
super_city_si said:
lasereyes said:
Lot of talk on this thread about the need for an early goal for us. I think last night's Bayern-Arsenal game shows that while that would be great, it's not necessary. Paradoxically, the longer the game stayed 0-0, the more edgy Bayern became. And when Arsenal equalized, the game swung and for the first time, you could see a ray of light for Arsenal. They had a number of good openings, but failed to take them.

Based on this, I think the critical thing is WE don't give up an early goal. That would allow Barcelona to settle and ease their nerves. I would not be unhappy going in 0-0 at half time. I think we WILL get chances as the game goes on (we even saw that at Etihad playing with 10 men). We just have to stick them away. The game at Newcastle in our title winning season and last year's game at United are good models for us, playing on the road, being very patient, growing into the game, and ultimately taking our chances when they presented themselves.

I was thinking the exact same. This is why i prefer to start with Sergio up front on his own. Full midfield to try to get a hold on the game, then after HT introduce Negredo and go for it. If Arsenal would have had a player of Agueros ilk last night it would have been very interesting second half.

But I know Pellegrinin is going to start 4-4-2. Probably with Dzeko. :(

Agree completely. To have a chance, we have to have our share of possession in midfield. And a 4-5-1 gives us the chance to play Milner (alongside Nasri and Silva) who I feel could play a critical part in this match.

See as much as I loath him, this is where Morhinio is really clever.
He would make us really fustrating to play against until Barca ended up losing there cool and getting a few yellows.
Then he'd have us start pressuring them.

As someone else said, I fear MP will play 442 with Dzeko and Aguero.

Team to beat barcelona.
........hart.....
Zab..vinny..lescott..kolorov.
...garcia........fern.....
....Silva...yaya...nasri..
........... aguero....

Simple. 4-2. :-)

lastmanback said:
Team to beat barcelona.
........hart.....
........... aguero....

Milner deserves a chance well before Garcia.

lastmanback said:
Team to beat barcelona.
........hart.....
........... aguero....

I think he'll play Milner on the left to look after Alves.

I think he'll go:
................Hart
Zabba.....VK....JL......AK
.........Ferna......Yaya
Nasri.........Silva........Milner
.................Kun

Personally I'd swap Nasri and Silva over as I think Nasri is better through the middle than he is wide, and Silva is just as good wherever.

This could be one of the best nights if we pull this off.

Clichy photobombing like a proper john terry

LCywD9Y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.