Barcelona Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Love you guys' optimism, just can't help thinking that we've been playing pretty shit for weeks now, and it's going to take something like a Pentecostal visitation (i.e. fire from heaven) for us to give this bunch anything like a serious game. Whatever the permutations of the team. Ah well, 'spose we've got to go on believing as if

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Kelly's Heroes 1970

Just watching the arsenal game there in a similar position to us! There on top but it needs that wonder performance or a wonder goal or some real good luck to turn it round! Yaya silva aguero 1 of these is going to have to have the game of there lives to turn the tie round for us!

If we play as well tomorrow as we were shit on Saturday, we have a great chance. This game is really going to show whether the manager has the full backing of his dressing room IMO, thought his interview was very interesting but its all lip service if we dont produce at least a fighting display tomorrow.

COME ON CITY.

If we try to defend and hit them on the counter attack we will not win, let alone qualify. Look back at Schalke and PSG. Both looked to attack with all risks carrying and it ended in a positive way. We need to score goals, at least two, and than score one more after getting two. So if we really want get something out of this game l'd gamble and go out all attack. 4-5-1 but the 5 being Milner-Nasri-Yaya-Silva-Navas. Aguero upfront ofcourse. We will concede but we will score as well. 3-2, 4-3 whatever. Show ourselves, risk conceding (we normally do anyway) and just go for it. Anything else will be too predictable and end up in elimination.

Talk the talk is happening again in pre match interviews by players, hope it will be finally walk the walk as well...

Even if we go out of CL, go out with our head held high and give our all.

The single most important thing is for us to still be in the tie going into the last 30 minutes, we have to be solid at the back and in midfield. This will be the game that makes or breaks his season and if he goes 442 and we get beaten he may as well clear his desk.

For me he has to go 451 and make sure that Milner is starting as we need his work rate, we need an 8 out of 10 performance from everyone to have any hope of going through and then a little magic from someone. The biggest call for me would be who starts alongside Kompany.

eversince 76 said:
If we try to defend and hit them on the counter attack we will not win, let alone qualify. Look back at Schalke and PSG. Both looked to attack with all risks carrying and it ended in a positive way. We need to score goals, at least two, and than score one more after getting two. So if we really want get something out of this game l'd gamble and go out all attack. 4-5-1 but the 5 being Milner-Nasri-Yaya-Silva-Navas. Aguero upfront ofcourse. We will concede but we will score as well. 3-2, 4-3 whatever. Show ourselves, risk conceding (we normally do anyway) and just go for it. Anything else will be too predictable and end up in elimination.

Going all out attack with nasri ya ya and silva in the middle will lead to a pretty big beating, barca will have the majority of possesion and most of the game will be played between the halfway line and our 18 yard box, we need two goals in 90 minutes of football, gung ho and little thought about the opposition has hardly worked for us in europe

You play counter attack against them because of the players they have that is all you can do

What i want is to be sat here at 10:30 on Wednesday night thinking to myself that whatever the result my team gave everything that they had, a performance full of passion and determination. I want to feel that we are a team and that they are hurting about the way the season has panned out. We should be out of the tie already given the last minute penalty at our place but we have been given a chance, we may not be able to take it but i don't want to think we are wasting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.