Barcelona Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe all the negative comments! Support your team for god's sake!! Get control of midfield (4-5-1, and no Fernando) and wait for the chances. We can do it. It would help if we didn't sit in silence at CL matches at the Etihad. Come on City

Latics Fan SJK said:
Didsbury Dave said:
chris85mcfc said:
He certainly will. I would be really surprised if Mangala doesn't start, and hopefully Milner being left out on Saturday was to make sure he was fit for a big 90 minutes tonight.

We need a threat when we do get the ball so id imagine Navas will start on the right. Question is who makes up the other 4 of the front 6?

Personally id have Fernandinho, Yaya, Silva and Sergio.

Yeah, I could go with that. A big pitch will suit Navas better than Turf Moor, and he provides better tracking back than Nasri.

If Silva's in the hole then it's time for him to put a match winning performance on.

In fact it's time for all of our "stars" to deliver the goods. YaYa, Silva, Sergio...they owe us a bit of class. We are going to need them all to finally "click" into top form tonight. It's tough but not impossible.

I agree totally here. Initially I thought you'd go with Demichelis until I remembered Clichy was suspended. Kompany will play, whether out of form or not.

I think the team picks itself tonight, but this is Pellegrini, and we all know his love for 442.

The only question mark for me is Sagna or Zabaleta, more so given Zabaleta's form. I'd be tempted to go with Sagna to be honest to add even more pace to your backline.

Hart
Sagna - Kompany - Mangala - Kolorov
Fernandinho - Yaya
Navas - Silva - Milner
Aguero

Milner has to go on the left to double up on Messi (if that is even remotely possible) with Kolorov. Navas wide right for much needed pace on the break, and because he's a much better option that Nasri who would be a passenger IMO tonight. A good option to bring off the bench though if the situation requires it.

You simply have to take your chances tonight, and you will get some. Barca will score, of that I have absolutely no doubt, and I think if you're to have any chance whatsoever to go through, I think you're going to need 3 at a minimum.

Could it be a season defining game-changer? IMO, no, but even coming out of the game with a performance to be pleased with could help for the rest of the season.

My head tells me it could be a comfortable night for Barca, 4-2 maybe, but I hope you can do it. I really do.

Mangala has played LB early in his career

Clichy, Kompany, Demi, Mangala
Yaya Fernandinho
Nasri Silva Milner
Aguero

think we can maybe get a draw. Won't get us through but wouldn't be a bad result on the evening.

flb said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yeah, I could go with that. A big pitch will suit Navas better than Turf Moor, and he provides better tracking back than Nasri.

If Silva's in the hole then it's time for him to put a match winning performance on.

In fact it's time for all of our "stars" to deliver the goods. YaYa, Silva, Sergio...they owe us a bit of class. We are going to need them all to finally "click" into top form tonight. It's tough but not impossible.

I agree totally here. Initially I thought you'd go with Demichelis until I remembered Clichy was suspended. Kompany will play, whether out of form or not.

I think the team picks itself tonight, but this is Pellegrini, and we all know his love for 442.

The only question mark for me is Sagna or Zabaleta, more so given Zabaleta's form. I'd be tempted to go with Sagna to be honest to add even more pace to your backline.

Hart
Fernandinho - Yaya
Navas - Silva - Milner
Aguero

Milner has to go on the left to double up on Messi (if that is even remotely possible) with Kolorov. Navas wide right for much needed pace on the break, and because he's a much better option that Nasri who would be a passenger IMO tonight. A good option to bring off the bench though if the situation requires it.

You simply have to take your chances tonight, and you will get some. Barca will score, of that I have absolutely no doubt, and I think if you're to have any chance whatsoever to go through, I think you're going to need 3 at a minimum.

Could it be a season defining game-changer? IMO, no, but even coming out of the game with a performance to be pleased with could help for the rest of the season.

My head tells me it could be a comfortable night for Barca, 4-2 maybe, but I hope you can do it. I really do.

Yaya Fernandinho
Nasri Silva Milner
Aguero

No clichy suspended

We should just throw a curve ball and totally surprise them. 0-4 job done.

……….………..Hart……………….
……….MD…….VK……EM……
..JM………….DINO……………JN…
………..DS…..YAYA…...SN…..
……………….…SA…………………..

Stephenhakin said:
flb said:
Latics Fan SJK said:

Hart
Fernandinho - Yaya
Navas - Silva - Milner
Aguero

Yaya Fernandinho
Nasri Silva Milner
Aguero

No clichy suspended

My bad mate!!!! I knew that, obvioulsy Zabba

Seriously i think he could do a job EM at LB tonight

ANYBODY but Kolorov please!

Hart
Kolarov
Demi
Kompany
Sagna
Navas
Dinho
Yaya
Milner
Silva
Aguero

This is the only team that can beat Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.