Barcelona Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a very small part of me that thinks that IF MP was to go with one striker tonight would he be better off dropping sergio and playing either bony or dzeko.

The only reason is say this is the height/ability in the air factor which we have seen barca struggle against before

I know its crazy to suggest dropping on of the best players in the world for a huge game like this but im thinking more of attacking the one obvious weakness that barca have and that the ability to defend the high ball.

However maybe im forgetting that we lack anyone who can really deliver a quality cross on a regular basis from a set piece or open play (kolorov can be he is wayward in his delivery sometimes)

Just a thought really and probably a bit of a craze one at that!!!!!!!

simon23 said:
there is a very small part of me that thinks that IF MP was to go with one striker tonight would he be better off dropping sergio and playing either bony or dzeko.

The only reason is say this is the height/ability in the air factor which we have seen barca struggle against before

I know its crazy to suggest dropping on of the best players in the world for a huge game like this but im thinking more of attacking the one obvious weakness that barca have and that the ability to defend the high ball.

However maybe im forgetting that we lack anyone who can really deliver a quality cross on a regular basis from a set piece or open play (kolorov can be he is wayward in his delivery sometimes)

Just a thought really and probably a bit of a craze one at that!!!!!!!

Ive said this all along....play Aguero just off Bony..silva left navas right.

One of the biggest (and most important) games in the clubs history, time for the big players to step up. No hiding boys.

We need 2 banks of 4 and every man to do their job on top of their game.. and hope for a bad Barcelona night, because if we both are playing our best Barcelona will win, we need to use spoil tactics proper British style !

We will go long periods of the game not seeing the ball, so need to make use of our possession of the ball well.

It's on like Donkey Kong !!! time to conquer our European hoodoo and advance by beating a top team in their own backyard.

I would think it will have to be Milner down the left side, purely to protect Kolarov (unless he plays Sagna or Zaba at LB). I would be tempted to put Navas down the right side but I think he'll start with Nasri and put Navas on (around 60 mins ffs) if it isnt working. This team should be able to stand toe to toe with anyone -

------------Hart
Zaba--Kompany-Mangala-Kolarov
---Fernandinho---Yaya
Nasri-------Silva------Milner
-----Aguerooooooooooo

I think Silva will play just behind Sergio....or I hope so anyway. Fucking come on City.

This thread is playing with my head. One minute I can only see us getting thumped. Player sent off, offside goals, etc. The next, I actually believe we can and will do them.

Innsbruckblue said:
This thread is playing with my head. One minute I can only see us getting thumped. Player sent off, offside goals, etc. The next, I actually believe we can and will do them.

Whatever happens the fact remains that this like every game we can win. We need to see it as 11 men v 11 men. They have been beat by far worse sides then us so why not. Believe!

Malty said:
One of the biggest (and most important) games in the clubs history, time for the big players to step up. No hiding boys.

We need 2 banks of 4 and every man to do their job on top of their game.. and hope for a bad Barcelona night, because if we both are playing our best Barcelona will win, we need to use spoil tactics proper British style !

We will go long periods of the game not seeing the ball, so need to make use of our possession of the ball well.

It's on like Donkey Kong !!! time to conquer our European hoodoo and advance by beating a top team in their own backyard.

We are not expected to win and provided we bow out with some degree of credibility ala Arsenal albeit in their case against an organised side but lacking in sharpness with Berbatov still the go to man it will be more about what we do in the last 9 games and how we end the season that will have more impact on the short term future of the club.

if it goes the way you suggest its fairly certain we will lose by a bigger margain than if we play our " normal game ".

We don't defend behind the ball that well and Barca are one of the best at exploiting that.

Be amazing if we get a result and go through but its what we do on Saturday that is more important for me.

Forget it we are years away from playing to the standard of the barcas and bayerns of this world , imo we are a collection of individually talented players who arent good enough as a collective , we will lose 2 nil

Stephenhakin said:
Innsbruckblue said:

Whatever happens the fact remains that this like every game we can win. We need to see it as 11 men v 11 men. They have been beat by far worse sides then us so why not. Believe!

They have indeed - but so have we!!

Come on City - no rabbits in the headlights again tonight please - get out there and put in a performance we can be proud of!

GaudinoMotors said:
Stephenhakin said:
Innsbruckblue said:

They have indeed - but so have we!!

Come on City - no rabbits in the headlights again tonight please - get out there and put in a performance we can be proud of!
forget it we are losing its barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.