Barcelona Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
oakiecokie said:
mosssideblue said:
On recent form, that somewhat rules out half the first team then :)

It doesn`t bear thinking about mate,if we carry too many passengers.Likul ol`City need to man up tonight and show us they want a fucking good fight.
Not certain if my glass is half full or half empty.Mind you it`ll look better in my local tonight with a few pints of Guinness down me neck. ;)

Depends whether you have your specs or not ;-)

Blue tinted ones tonight mate.;)

If and its a big IF we go 4-5-1 with Milner and Navas either side I genuinely fancy us to get a result, Kompany could do with pulling his head out of his arse aswell but I do have faith.

jared said:
4-1 to barca. Messi hattrick. Hart own goal. Aguero and kompany sent off. And bluemoon in 1001th meltdown.
the most plausible result I have seen so far in this thread

TFC said:
I would think it will have to be Milner down the left side, purely to protect Kolarov (unless he plays Sagna or Zaba at LB). I would be tempted to put Navas down the right side but I think he'll start with Nasri and put Navas on (around 60 mins ffs) if it isnt working. This team should be able to stand toe to toe with anyone -

------------Hart
Zaba--Kompany-Mangala-Kolarov
---Fernandinho---Yaya
Nasri-------Silva------Milner
-----Aguerooooooooooo

I think Silva will play just behind Sergio....or I hope so anyway. Fucking come on City.

The midfield will leave bags of space with those 2..

•••••••••••••Hart•••••••••••••••

Zaba•Kompany•Mangala•Kolarov

•Milner•Fernandinho•Fernando•

••••••••Yaya••Silva•••••••••••

•••••••••••••Aguero•••••••••••

Sit back play over top and down the channels with passes from Silva/YAYA plus have YAYA doing those runs which scares teams to death...

flb said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yeah, I could go with that. A big pitch will suit Navas better than Turf Moor, and he provides better tracking back than Nasri.

If Silva's in the hole then it's time for him to put a match winning performance on.

In fact it's time for all of our "stars" to deliver the goods. YaYa, Silva, Sergio...they owe us a bit of class. We are going to need them all to finally "click" into top form tonight. It's tough but not impossible.

I agree totally here. Initially I thought you'd go with Demichelis until I remembered Clichy was suspended. Kompany will play, whether out of form or not.

I think the team picks itself tonight, but this is Pellegrini, and we all know his love for 442.

The only question mark for me is Sagna or Zabaleta, more so given Zabaleta's form. I'd be tempted to go with Sagna to be honest to add even more pace to your backline.

Hart
Sagna - Kompany - Mangala - Kolorov
Fernandinho - Yaya
Navas - Silva - Milner
Aguero

Milner has to go on the left to double up on Messi (if that is even remotely possible) with Kolorov. Navas wide right for much needed pace on the break, and because he's a much better option that Nasri who would be a passenger IMO tonight. A good option to bring off the bench though if the situation requires it.

You simply have to take your chances tonight, and you will get some. Barca will score, of that I have absolutely no doubt, and I think if you're to have any chance whatsoever to go through, I think you're going to need 3 at a minimum.

Could it be a season defining game-changer? IMO, no, but even coming out of the game with a performance to be pleased with could help for the rest of the season.

My head tells me it could be a comfortable night for Barca, 4-2 maybe, but I hope you can do it. I really do.

Mangala has played LB early in his career

Clichy, Kompany, Demi, Mangala
Yaya Fernandinho
Nasri Silva Milner
Aguero
Agreed but I think kolarov will get the nod.

waspish said:
TFC said:
I would think it will have to be Milner down the left side, purely to protect Kolarov (unless he plays Sagna or Zaba at LB). I would be tempted to put Navas down the right side but I think he'll start with Nasri and put Navas on (around 60 mins ffs) if it isnt working. This team should be able to stand toe to toe with anyone -

------------Hart
---Fernandinho---Yaya
-----Aguerooooooooooo

I think Silva will play just behind Sergio....or I hope so anyway. Fucking come on City.

Sit back play over top and down the channels with passes from Silva/YAYA plus have YAYA doing those runs which scares teams to death...

It's not gonna work with Barca. Plus we have to chase the game on aggregate. Need players like nasri to provide certain spark or magic. It's a risk but something we have to do. And yaya seem to enjoy playing with nasri, maybe that will give him motivation if playing his old club isn't enough.

waspish said:
TFC said:

------------Hart
---Fernandinho---Yaya
-----Aguerooooooooooo

Problem is those 3 in center mid can't pass a ball

Think Pellers will try something radical tonight, 3-5-2, With 3 Center backs, Kolarov and Navas on the wings Yaya Silva Nasri in the middle and Dzeko and Bony up front, battering them with aerial crosses for an hour, then unleashing Sergio on the 6oth min mark with plan B, of precise thru balls from our midfield trio, to win the game with a 15minute hat-trick....

Anything but 4-4-2 please!!!!

Zaba•Kompany•Mangala (or demi not much of a difference)•Kolarov

•Silva•Fernandinho•Fernando• Milner

••••••••••••••Yaya•••••••••••

Been dying to see this line up, Milner covers Kolly when he bombs forward and with both ferana's in the midfield yaya has less defensive responsibility but also further forward keeps a physical presence near sergio as long balls just get returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.