Barcelona Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how the press would spin it if we won 3-0 and absolutely battered them?

I guess it would answer the agenda question once and for all.

Not that I think it'll happen.

cleavers said:
deano ou812 said:
the likelihood is we will be shafted and get a red card and concede a penalty...
We'll get that anyway.
We're ending this game with 10 men no matter what. It's Barca - Platini's mistress. How we do it and when remains to be seen.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
I wonder how the press would spin it if we won 3-0 and absolutely battered them?

Busquets is a doubt, so they'd most probably report "City beat second string Barca".

Wilf Wild 1937 said:

Probably something along the lines of 'City scrape by on a lucky win'

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
cleavers said:
deano ou812 said:
the likelihood is we will be shafted and get a red card and concede a penalty...
We'll get that anyway.
We're ending this game with 10 men no matter what. It's Barca - Platini's mistress. How we do it and when remains to be seen.

It'll be Sergio. He'll get 2 yellows for being tackled ;-)

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
cleavers said:
We'll get that anyway.

It'll be Sergio. He'll get 2 yellows for being tackled ;-)
We haven't had anyone sent off yet for looking at the ref,I'm gonna go with that..

One thing I noticed Barcelona do in the first tie is leave their two defenders on the half way line and have both fullbacks right up the pitch, at times Aguero looked desperate for a long ball over the top to run on to and we never offered it, maybe because Yaya wasn't playing and our insistence to play football on the ground most of the time.

I would go all out 19th century football tomorrow and get that ball hoofed up over the defenders for Aguero to run on to, we are not going to pass our way through Barcelona.

Defo this Sam-Caddick. Pique hates that, Sergio running off his shoulder onto the ball over the top, we don't do it enough. Hopefully MP will work this in instead of 100% slow build up all the time.

sam-caddick said:
One thing I noticed Barcelona do in the first tie is leave their two defenders on the half way line and have both fullbacks right up the pitch, at times Aguero looked desperate for a long ball over the top to run on to and we never offered it, maybe because Yaya wasn't playing and our insistence to play football on the ground most of the time.

I would go all out 19th century football tomorrow and get that ball hoofed up over the defenders for Aguero to run on to, we are not going to pass our way through Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.