Barceloneta Beach Party

Niall Quinn's Disco Pants said:
Phil.mcfc said:
This is starting to get abit big now boys and girls :)

Tell as many blues as you can who are goin out there, Lets make this a HUGE blue piss up.

How many we got now mate? Me and my mates have joined the facebook group....

Whats the link for the Facebook page mate? Getting myself signed up! :-)

Can't fookin wait for this! :-)

Text your mates Barceloneta Beach is the place to be can any one get it on Radio Manchester .Men Message board ect Bring .Flags banners beaah balls inflatables ect

Have joined the facebook group as well.

I, for one, will also be popping into Barcelona's Madchester bar <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchesterbar.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchesterbar.com/</a>

surely we can get some kudos in there...

I live in Placa de sants and it´s still a fair way away.. at least 40 mins walk.. change there onto the Blue line 5 and go 2 stops to collblanc.. it´s 5 mins from there...

Goater666 said:
Looking at the metro map you can easy get the metro upto the ground if you prefer not to get a taxi.

Barceloneta to Urquinano (2stop's)
Urquinano to Placa de Sants (7 stop's)

You can walk from there.

Just stay away from the Ramblas.. It is horrible.. I imagine if you are visiting it is a place you would want to see but it really is a horrible horrible street. i avoid it like the plague.. there is a lot of petty crime on the Ramblas. Be careful. i have lots of visitors and a few of them have been robbed without even knowing. They are profesionals and they do it so fast that you have no idea what is going on. I have never heard of anyone being physically abused whilst being robbed.. don´t think they like to draw attention to themselves... they just go onto the next tourist and try to rob them instead. The rambla is expensive and all the places that serve food on there are not of good quality. you sit on the rambla ask for a beer and they bring one back in a glass the size of a fish bowl.. It´s warm before your halfway down and they charge you 16 euros or something for the pleasure.. just be carefull..

Blue Punter said:
Re: The pickpockets in Barca, particularly Las Ramblas (L.R.)

I know two lads who have been in the last three months. Both are well travelled and neither are wet behind the ears. I warned both about L.R. before they went.

One of them, a 24 year old and his mate, heavily outnumbered had a knife pulled on them and lost a mobile, Euros etc.

The same thing almost happenned to another guy and his girl (you'll know him from Pendlebury News, Don). Fortunately, he knew what was coming and didn't let the prostitutes,pimps & thieves crowd round him. A lucky escape by all accounts.

I was speaking to a lad who watched Celtic with his girl a few years ago. Trust me there was 5/6 handy lads in their group and they almost got utnumbered and trapped down an alleyway off L.R.

It's well documented to be vigilant about watching valuables. Therefore the pickpockets are turning increasingly violent to have people over.

Last thing I want to do is scaremonger, but be really, really careful, especially round Las Ramblas. Some of these people have no morals whatsoever and will see us as rich pickings after dark.

Whats the 'norm' for a beer, something to eat etc in the typical hostelry/restaurant Barcablue. Usually found it ok but that was before the demise of the pound. Staying just other side of Diagonal and was ok last time I ventured round there.

lee one, i ve been in the manchester bar, you wont find it unless you jump in a taxi, i would advise you to give it a miss unless you stumble upon it, yes they do play the smiths but the bar is very small

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.