Bardsley may be banned for our game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sunderland pre match thread

With injuries and rest required- quite a draining game on Sunday- Pellegrini may have to shuffle the pack more than normal. When he has done that, it has tended to lead to rather disjointed performances, especially in the first half, so I'll be happy enough just to go in at half-time with a clean sheet and a lead would be a bonus.

Shirley said:
monty silva said:
Silva isn't playing tonight & Navas is very doubtful.
Both took no part in training yesterday.
No mention of this in the presser yesterday, source?

I was at the stadium yesterday and asked him because he didn't train.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:54 am --<br /><br />
pikku said:
monty silva said:

Where is this news coming from now..

I was at the stadium yesterday and asked him because he didn't train.

Rammy Blue said:
cibaman said:
We've plenty of recent form for struggling against teams near the bottom of the league. Even teams from a lower division. Sunderland have beaten us once this season and gave us a helluva game at Wembley.

I think there's an assumption among many that the home games are a formality, its just the two away games that we need to worry about. Very dangerous thinking. If they keep the game scoreless for 30 mins, or worse nick a goal, "nervy" wont do justice to the atmosphere tonight.

That's why I'll be surprised tonight if we don't go with a seriously attacking line up.

With Yaya out I think he'll use Garcia to protect us from us being caught on the break and revert to two strikers.

Shirley said:
monty silva said:
No mention of this in the presser yesterday, source?
I can't remember the last pre match thread that didn't have some bullshit rumour about Silva being injured, it's just boring now.

One of those games that can potentially cause problems. A big game on the weekend, a loss of spirit from the outcome, a few tired players... and a team battling relegation. This is do or die for Sunderland. They will be hard to break down and will look to counter attack. Historically they've caused us problems - we fought back to draw in 2011/12 at home after losing up there as per. Need to rest Dzeko I think and try and give Aguero/Jovetic/Negredo time. Play Milner too and control possession. Still no way we should lose this, all the talk sounds positive and Pellegrini has warned of complacency and stressed we need to continue to fight for the league. I think we will win. An early goal would be nice. If Silva is available would possibly play Ferny and Garcia centrally with Silva or Jovetic in the hole behind Aguero, the other wide left and Milner the other side. Nasri needs a break too in my opinion.

I'm not being negative or pessimistic, but when I read some posts predicting 5-0 I register a feeling of mounting apprehension, and astonishment that some people can so tempt the gods of football to exact vengeance on us level-headed mortals.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A chance to bounce back and really boost the goal difference.

Sunderland have to attack, so I believe we will rip them a new one and be 5 or 6.

Sergio hat-trick.

You're due to get one right mate, every time you predict City will coast we invariably don't !!
Let's hope we do tonight!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.