Barry at Villa.... Barry at City...

EddH

I didnt really take much notice of Barry before he came to us, but excluding how he was being played, did he used to play better at Villa than he has been playing for us?

If so what do people think the reasons are, is it overplay, an injury, or position played that has made him be a little hit and miss this season?
He seems a little expensive to be playing how he is playing.

At villa he played in a 442 with him and petrov in the middle. He was mostly the sitting midfielder. At city he has de jong next to him who is the sitting midfielder therefore barry has to do a lot more than what he was doin at villa. Barry looked better at the start of the season when it was him and ireland playing together.

He was a better player at Villa, when Petrov wasn't in the side.

I'm working on a theory that he and Ireland can't play together. May well be crap, but it's worth looking at.

Hasn't lived up to what I expected to be honest, he was very good at Villa, but he was sort of Mr. Villa, but he's never been a headline grabber, always gone about his job quietly and professionally, but IMO, last 2 games he's been 1 of the better players.

Ireland_for_pm said:
At villa he played in a 442 with him and petrov in the middle. He was mostly the sitting midfielder. At city he has de jong next to him who is the sitting midfielder therefore barry has to do a lot more than what he was doin at villa. Barry looked better at the start of the season when it was him and ireland playing together.

But then Ireland will start moaning about his restricting role, and the cycle continues.

Complete waste of money. I like to lump him in with Onouha, Zabaleta and Garrido, in the "deadwood players that do fuck all for 90 minutes" catagory.

His best games were at beginning of season when NDJ wasn't in team and Barry was the mid sitting in front of back 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.