Barry at Villa.... Barry at City...

one of my favorite players at the club and his form has been coming back recently, good against Bolton and even better against Stoke, if his header isn't magnificently saved he'd be praised on this forum right now.

Don't think Mancini will go for it but I'd go for just him and Vieira at the center of the park with some wingers, and see how it goes. It's not a slag off to NJD, but it's all about finding the right balance at the moment.

franksinatra said:
I like Barry a lot to be honest, he doesn't capture the imagination like de Jong flying into challenges but goes about the role of breaking up play with timely interceptions. His passing is generally good although he does throw in the odd erratic pass.

Unfortunately with both of them prefering to play in the holding position I think this is the reason we seem to get dominated a lot in midfield as maybe they would be more suited to playing alongside a Fellaini/Fletcher type player who motors around the pitch closing players down, whereas our midfiled likes to retreat and protect the back four too deeply allowing the opposition to too much time on the ball.

The balance in the midfield for me is the problem.

100% agree
I would not slag him or NDJ off, but something is not right, and you may have hit the nail on the head, but why can the manager not see that, or has he got no other options?? - hence he wanted Ronald McDonald?

Andouble said:
one of my favorite players at the club and his form has been coming back recently, good against Bolton and even better against Stoke, if his header isn't magnificently saved he'd be praised on this forum right now.

Don't think Mancini will go for it but I'd go for just him and Vieira at the center of the park with some wingers, and see how it goes. It's not a slag off to NJD, but it's all about finding the right balance at the moment.
agree with you here and at times barry does'nt get the praise he should like alot of good players keeps it plain and simple and lets others take the headlines...

Danny Hoekman said:
He had a great start with us and is getting back to that form. I watched him closely yesterday and thought he was probably our best player.
Spot on, he is so tidy and calm on the ball....my favourite player.

100% agree
I would not slag him or NDJ off, but something is not right, and you may have hit the nail on the head, but why can the manager not see that, or has he got no other options?? - hence he wanted Ronald McDonald?[/quote]

Exactly mate I think he did recognise it, but January is a notoriously bad time to get top quality players in and so to a certain extent his hands were tied.

I think its affecting our attacking play also as it's hard to build up a head of steam against the opposition as we dont win the ball back up high up the pitch when our attacks break down and therefore don't keep up the pressure and momentum.

Thats more the reason for me the home games seem a bit of a pedestrian affair since Mancini and to a certain extent before. So whether it is a tactic or not is debateable.

ono said:
I work with a few Villa season ticket holders and neither reckon he was that good for them. One of them players the pundits love, but without proper justification. I'm seeing where they come from.
Thats complet bollocks, he was Villas player of the season for 3 seasons on the trot, he was their main player and they only started to dislike him whe he wanted away to Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.