Barry at Villa.... Barry at City...

mr t said:
I think he's carrying an injury - he looks as though he has trouble running at speed. Actually looks as though he needs a shit.

Also - don't know whether it's a result of not being 100% - he seems to have handed the mantle of top dog to De Jong and has become the more submissive of the pairing.

He is not indespensable, so why play him when he is not fit, I think we should maybe rest him, and give Ireland DeJong partnership a chance, with the right guys on the wing (not Petrov), guys that will run up and down all match, AND TACKLE we may be able to get away with giving Ireland "more freedom", and hope he gets some of last season form back.

You lot have never played football at a decent level I wager, Barry is the main cog in our team and goes about his jod quiet but very very effective....well pleased with the lad ....plus he is looking a lot lighter lately.

Revol said:
Complete waste of money. I like to lump him in with Onouha, Zabaleta and Garrido, in the "deadwood players that do fuck all for 90 minutes" catagory.
Prat!

guest5234 said:
You lot have never played football at a decent level I wager, Barry is the main cog in our team and goes about his jod quiet but very very effective....well pleased with the lad ....plus he is looking a lot lighter lately.

Ok but is there anyone that does this better at the club, and can we have Vieria in the same team?

Some games I think he looks great, where as sometimes I think he goes quiet.

guest5234 said:
Revol said:
Complete waste of money. I like to lump him in with Onouha, Zabaleta and Garrido, in the "deadwood players that do fuck all for 90 minutes" catagory.
Prat!

I thought exactly the same but didnt want to merit him a response - nobhead!

I'd be interested to see the direction of his passing. I reckon more than 75% of his passes are to the left. When Petrov is your winger thats not very helpful.

I like Barry a lot to be honest, he doesn't capture the imagination like de Jong flying into challenges but goes about the role of breaking up play with timely interceptions. His passing is generally good although he does throw in the odd erratic pass.

Unfortunately with both of them prefering to play in the holding position I think this is the reason we seem to get dominated a lot in midfield as maybe they would be more suited to playing alongside a Fellaini/Fletcher type player who motors around the pitch closing players down, whereas our midfiled likes to retreat and protect the back four too deeply allowing the opposition to too much time on the ball.

The balance in the midfield for me is the problem.

EddH said:
guest5234 said:

Ok but is there anyone that does this better at the club, and can we have Vieria in the same team?

Vieria has looked poor the time he has been on the pitch...Viera for barry....you are ***** joking

guest5234 said:
EddH said:

Vieria has looked poor the time he has been on the pitch...Viera for barry....you are ***** joking

I did not say that I was just saying can we have them in the same team.
= v slow midfield

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.