Barry being lined up for MLS role?

acquiesce said:
Yup, think this looks great for everyone. With an eye on a coaching role as well? Can see him in the mould of a Brian Kidd in the future.

I think that the manner in which he conducts himself,could also be a positive factor in keeping him in some sort of capacity,after he ends his playing career.<br /><br />-- Thu May 30, 2013 8:36 pm --<br /><br />
blueboyforever said:
It a good deal in theory but to say its a no brainer is a bit much. What if Barry doesn't want to go to the US? I do hope he stays though, he's an excellent squad option to have.

I think he could be persuaded.

tpot said:
oakiecokie said:
Now I think that could be a very good move for all 3 parties.

Me to, good thinking, think this might be the type of deals we offer certain players in the future

The only reason we would offer this type of contract is to players who are very late on in their careers. Hopefully we won't be signing to many of them.

oakiecokie said:
acquiesce said:
Yup, think this looks great for everyone. With an eye on a coaching role as well? Can see him in the mould of a Brian Kidd in the future.

I think that the manner in which he conducts himself,could also be a positive factor in keeping him in some sort of capacity,after he ends his playing career.

-- Thu May 30, 2013 8:36 pm --

blueboyforever said:
It a good deal in theory but to say its a no brainer is a bit much. What if Barry doesn't want to go to the US? I do hope he stays though, he's an excellent squad option to have.

He's open to a deal. Not yet though.

oakiecokie said:
acquiesce said:

I think that the manner in which he conducts himself,could also be a positive factor in keeping him in some sort of capacity,after he ends his playing career.

blueboyforever said:

Yup, I reckon so.......good deal.

blueboyforever said:

If he doesn't want to go to the US he won't be signing that contract extension then, will he? IMO in two years time the US will suit Barry's game nicely, he's already lost half a step at least.

oakiecokie said:
acquiesce said:

blueboyforever said:

He has a point though Oakie. Leaving your family behind is no easy thing. Although I imagine it will be a lot easier for his family to jump on a plane whenever they want than it was for mine. I do think he's still got a year or two left in him for us though.

Serious question, but what type of pulling power does the MLS truly have? The league is pretty weak and the money is peanuts compared to the top European leagues. Not to mention it's a big fucking move, maybe the US is very culturally similar to the UK but distance wise it's much further away then any European country so I doubt players with children would be to keen on coming.The only real benefit I can see is that players who have declined will still be able to step in and be some of the better players around, although I supposeliving in a city like New York would be appealing (even though I think it's the most overrated city in the world).

I guess what I'm getting at is that if I were a player, I'd rather retire at the top or spend the last few years of my career in the Championship/lower European league rather then move to the MLS.

Oh how sweet. The media's planning Gary Barrys retirement for him and some blues are already landscaping his garden,white picket fence and all. #schucks

Barcon said:
oakiecokie said:
acquiesce said:

blueboyforever said:

He has a point though Oakie. Leaving your family behind is no easy thing. Although I imagine it will be a lot easier for his family to jump on a plane whenever they want than it was for mine. I do think he's still got a year or two left in him for us though.

He`s got a realatively young family if I remember and yes I agree it would be an upheaval,but I think that for a short term spell in the States,they may just go for it,see how things pan out and then take a look at the long term approach.
I just feel that the majority of footballers and their families become more adaptable to moving to and fro.
I sincerely hope it is in another 1-2 years time,as I`m one of his biggest fans mate.

Barcon said:
oakiecokie said:
acquiesce said:

blueboyforever said:

I think most families would be open to a move to a luxury pad in the capital of the world.<br /><br />-- Thu May 30, 2013 10:13 pm --<br /><br />
yankblue said:
Serious question, but what type of pulling power does the MLS truly have? The league is pretty weak and the money is peanuts compared to the top European leagues. Not to mention it's a big fucking move, maybe the US is very culturally similar to the UK but distance wise it's much further away then any European country so I doubt players with children would be to keen on coming.The only real benefit I can see is that players who have declined will still be able to step in and be some of the better players around, although I supposeliving in a city like New York would be appealing (even though I think it's the most overrated city in the world).

I guess what I'm getting at is that if I were a player, I'd rather retire at the top or spend the last few years of my career in the Championship/lower European league rather then move to the MLS.
Yeah like Beckham, Keane and Henry.

They are gutted they didn't get a move to Blackpool I hear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.