Barry on ice

matt99is said:
A few half decent performances in NO WAY make up for his general poorness. He makes more mistakes and gives the ball away more than any other regular starter, this could probably be the last season in which he plays a major role.

Against spurs he was under very little pressure, it wasn't a tough game for him so he wasn't found out.

Oh dear...without repeating yet again, he is the first name on the teamsheet in a team chosen by Fabio Capello, who has won everything several times over at domestic level.

Does that not tell you that your observation is wrong on every level?

Everyone has their own opinion.
Mine is totally opposite to yours in that behind Kompany, he is the best player at the club. Love him to bits.

leighton said:
leewill31 said:
leighton said:
Barry fan club out in force today. Once De Jong is fit he will take Barrys place more combative in midfield and we will need that if we continue with Nasri and Silva.

hahaaha for two seasons you have been saying this!

I will continue saying it as Barry isnt consistant. We see him start the season off well all the time since he came to the club he has always started the season well. Then 5 games in he goes to 1 good game every 5 games he can never stay consistant enough to keep his place with these signings. Whats the old pharse One swallow doesnt make a summer this pharse and Barry goes hand in hand for me.

barry out of all the players is by far the most consistent in the job he is given if he does more its an even bigger bonus to the team.

you never seem to get barry and why he is picked game in game that's your propagative blinded imho but why should you break a habit of a life time! :)

weejh said:
Dax777 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Its quite simple that De Jong will have to wait his turn
Hmmm! Interesting view.

A year ago I would have laughed at that idea, but Barrys improvement this season has been huge. He does seem to have an extra yard of pace and is really zipping his passes at pace into the feet of serge, dave and Samir(against spuds).
As much as I love Nige, he has to be able to fit into the way that Bobby wants us to play , and at the moment I think Barry fits into it better. Just think that he complements yaya better, not that he's a better player
I go "hmmm"coz last year when the boo birds wanted his head, and claimed he was killing the offense by being a poor midfielder, I made an argument that we could just as well claim De Jong is not adding enough and drop him for a DM who would add more.

At the time I was cursed to high heaven, unfortunatley Sabster (who particularly dislikes De Jong) joined me, and I doubt it helped. As many hate his view on De Jong. I have been saying it for over a year now. De Jong has his qualities and will be essential to our eventual success. But he is not a certainty.

If you go to the transfer forum, I told Andouble if we got Samir and Wesley (there was a thread about getting them both) that De Jong will struggle to start most games.

Folks see what he does defensively, and go Wow! But sometimes they forget part of the reason he gets to do that fantastic Defensive work is because we are not as effective holding it.

There is no defense better than controlling the ball. It is had for the other team to attack you when they don't have the ball.

Barca played a 3133 against Villareal. Busquet Macherano and a leftback were the 3 CDs. Think about that for a second. Not only was there no destroyer DM, there was no CD. Why? Their defense was in their offense!

Always been a fan of Gareth Barry fan; loved him when he first joined us and was one of our best players when he joined; subtle but class at the same time and it seem he has re ignited that same playing style. Keep him in the team always preferred him to milner whenever he played and so De one you are class my friend but Barry has better passing ability then both De Jong and Yaya.

leewill31 said:
leighton said:
leewill31 said:
hahaaha for two seasons you have been saying this!

I will continue saying it as Barry isnt consistant. We see him start the season off well all the time since he came to the club he has always started the season well. Then 5 games in he goes to 1 good game every 5 games he can never stay consistant enough to keep his place with these signings. Whats the old pharse One swallow doesnt make a summer this pharse and Barry goes hand in hand for me.

barry out of all the players is by far the most consistent in the job he is given if he does more its an even bigger bonus to the team.

you never seem to get barry and why he is picked game in game that's your propagative blinded imho but why should you break a habit of a life time! :)

Lee I guess we will never argee on Barry. Lets be honest that last game Spurs were shit didnt want to do anything and even you or myself would of looked good in that City team in Barrys role. I have never rated the guy from the start as everyone on here knows. Just my view.

leighton said:
leewill31 said:
leighton said:

Lee I guess we will never argee on Barry. Lets be honest that last game Spurs were shit didnt want to do anything and even you or myself would of looked good in that City team in Barrys role. I have never rated the guy from the start as everyone on here knows. Just my view.

i keep seeing this about spurs and how shit they were is it not the fact that we were that much better man for man we dominated spurs and approached the game so much differently to the previous season and game against them,you may not see another side do what we did against them this season as we did says more about us than them and barry was vital to that!

Just as I'm starting to think he should be dropped from the team he puts a run of 6/7 games together where he is untouchable. He's been tremendous this season and long may it continue. The past two games without De Jong especially. With Milner and now potentially Hargreaves in the mix Mancini has some big decisions to make but then with the number of games we hope to have bring it on I say.

leewill31 said:
leighton said:
leewill31 said:

i keep seeing this about spurs and how shit they were is it not the fact that we were that much better man for man we dominated spurs and approached the game so much differently to the previous season and game against them,you may not see another side do what we did against them this season as we did says more about us than them and barry was vital to that!

Lee they never got into our midfield and got at our players. I cant remember much tackling from Kranjar , Modric , Van Der Vaart or Huddlestone when he came on. No one out of them want to win the ball back apart from when there kid came on Livermore he tried to get at our midfield. When we play them at home they will be a hell of a lot better and will put more pressure on our players in midfield. If they dont Spurs will struggle this season.

Chairman Wesker said:
i'm sorry he's the biggest most over rated pile of shit to ever play in the champions league along with lucas leiva. however he has been in good form he's playing AS HE SHOULD BE now.

Must be a rag? Barry has been outstanding and Lucas was voted Liverpool's player of the season last season. Both very smart footballers.

Oh my days, why has it taken someone so long to realise the shift Barry puts in for City. Since about the last 5 games he played in last season and every game this season he has been amazing! Covers for players, wins tackles, creates chances and does all this so secretly.
Just because he doesn't score loads of goals, has the flair of Silva, crunching tackles of De Jong or steaming runs of Yaya. He fits into our team perfectly and on his recent form should be in the starting line up definitley - whether its De Jong that loses his place or Yaya Toure I don't know but one of them needs to!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.