Barry or Yaya?

dctid said:
Mad Mario said:
In a city shirt Barry is the better of the two.
Yaya in a barca shirt was unplayable though

But to be fair Inesta and Xavi helped somewhat - essentially Yaya was a DM who took the ball from the back 4 to these two players - unplayable is a little over egged
No it isn't. Especially in Yaya's last year. As Iniesta was often injured so it was really Xavi and Yaya running the midfield. Yaya was often unplayable even in a Barca jersey. I'd admit he didn't have o do as much defending, as Barca defended as a team and swarmed small spaces to force mistakes. City is more fragmented, and thus depends more on individual players aggressively chasing plays.

Which apparently Yaya cannot do at the same time as he runs around getting open and creating on offense. True Yaya is slightly out of shape. But check the stats he does more running during a game as most City players. he just does his more when we have the ball.

YaYa for me everytime. Okay he looks lazy at times but he very rarely gives the ball away. Has very good close control and has the vision to find a pass to attackers. He also scores goals.

Barry for the majority of time slows the game down and does not look for the pass to the attacker often enough. At times his idea of tackling or barging into players is not what I would expect of a City player let alone England international.

If I was a betting man I would say YaYa will play more matches for City next season than Barry.

Toure for ability, Barry for effort. I think Barry this season has been as good as he can be, Toure could be so much better than he has been.

Love_Each_Day said:
Toure for ability, Barry for effort. I think Barry this season has been as good as he can be, Toure could be so much better than he has been.
Good point, you can always rely on Barry putting in 100% and breaking the play down when the opposition is attacking, thats his job at the end of the day. Yaya can sometimes be a Juggernaut in attack but when he's defensive I don't rate him as much as Barry. But tbh together they seem alright, Silva is the one who is meant to create, Barry really hassles the opposition and it is a shame he doesn't get much credit to be honest.

GStar said:
De Jong sits deep, tackles and makes the easy pass to start a City attack.

Barry sits deep.

Barry makes more tackles, more interceptions, more passes, more chances, wins more headers per game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.