Barry

A couple of clangers from usually reliable players,Vinnie losing the player that hit the bar and the short backpass that joe just got too, Bazza's attempted flick that led to the goal..Mistakes happen,but hopefully we'll learn and do better next time..

Overall i thought Gareth Barry had a good game, and overall i thought the team played well. I'm really proud of City for giving it a go. I thought Gareth Barry made some interesting points after the game regarding us being perhaps a bit too attacking, a bit too cavalier if you like. It was an interesting game of differing tactics, and i just wonder if we had played an extra defensive midfielder, would the end result have been the same. It's all about opinions of course and in games like these it's fine margins that decide things. Certainly the way Napoli set up made it difficult for us, and as time goes on we will gain more experience for these type of games in the future. I for one can't wait to see how we progress.

AlexMac said:
I thought it was a very good opening game in the Champions League and a draw is not the end of the world. But, for me our weak link give away possession for the Napoli goal.

Just another pointless thread. I'm assuming you weren't at the game. Barry as always, had a good game, nothing spectacular but he works hard for the team. Great player, and a very important one.

Heres me thinking he had a very good game along with Dzeko and thought Kolarov is the weak link.

But then other posters say Barry was the weak link and Kolarov was good. Amazing how people see things so differently

I have to say I thought, one silly (and admittedly costly) moment aside, Barry had a good game on Wednesday night.

He is often the unsung hero of the side, knitting things together without anyone really noticing. Nothing flash, nothing fancy but always reliable.

I thought Barry had a good game overall, yeah he gave the ball away for the goal but he he broke up a considerable amount of the oppositions play. On the result overall it's not too bad I don't see villareal or Munich playing like that, and hopefully Napoli will get other draws away from home.

zonalmarking says

3. Napoli’s counter came from a mistake from Barry, who was used as the holding player. Widely expected to be a casualty of City’s squad improvement, Barry has started the season well – but this was an unforgivable mistake. The primary role of a holding player when playing at home against a counter-attacking side is basically to stop breaks (as well as passing the ball well, of course) – not only was Barry unable to stop a lot of Napoli’s counters, he actually caused the most crucial one.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/09/15/eight-points-on-manchester-city-1-1-napoli/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/09/15/ ... -1-napoli/</a>

de niro said:
AlexMac said:
I thought it was a very good opening game in the Champions League and a draw is not the end of the world. But, for me our weak link give away possession for the Napoli goal.

had one of our "flair" players done that there be fuck all said, cos its baz the scrapgoat people jump on it.

he's one of us ffs.

Had one of our defenders done that, even more so. It is some players job to flair it up. Others not so much. Just saying.

bert traut mask replica said:
I have to say I thought, one silly (and admittedly costly) moment aside, Barry had a good game on Wednesday night.

He is often the unsung hero of the side, knitting things together without anyone really noticing. Nothing flash, nothing fancy but always reliable.

Exactly.

Our mistake was to commit so many players to attack when Napoli was clearly such a threat on the break. Over and over they lost us for pace. A great game from both sides, but I think lessons will have been learned among our lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.