Barry

I honestly like the guy and think he's a great part of our squad. Barry made the mistake, he will know full well he did and he knows the rest of the team know that fact aswell. It will be interesting to see whether this inspires him to be a better player to redeem himself to the squad or knocks his confidence for a while, i hope for the former.

As for Barry as a player i've said this before and I think it sums him up to me, he's like your internet security where you have no idea it's doing anything until the day it stops working and all shit is let loose.

AlexMac said:
I thought it was a very good opening game in the Champions League and a draw is not the end of the world. But, for me our weak link give away possession for the Napoli goal.

had one of our "flair" players done that there be fuck all said, cos its baz the scrapgoat people jump on it.

he's one of us ffs.

Scapegoat what a load of shit. Barry made a huge mistake when most of our team were pushed high up the pitch. No matter what player made the mistake they would of been pulled up on giving the ball away with the amount of players we pushed forward during that move. He is experienced enough to know not to give the ball away in that area of the pitch so why he tried to do a trick when there players was pressing him and our team most of game is just clueless in my view. He is a smart fella but doing that was too high risk a move to take. No wonder his displays splits most fans.

de niro said:
AlexMac said:
I thought it was a very good opening game in the Champions League and a draw is not the end of the world. But, for me our weak link give away possession for the Napoli goal.

had one of our "flair" players done that there be fuck all said, cos its baz the scrapgoat people jump on it.

he's one of us ffs.

if one of our flair players had turned up it probably wouldn't have mattered.

tbh ... it was an error by Barry giving the ball away so stupidly as Napoli had shown previously how good they are on the counter.

but the whole set-up was wrong. we cant play everything through the middle when the opposition have 3 centerbacks and their formation reverts to a 5-4-1 when defending.

For some reason we went 4-2-2-2, with everything going through the middle and getting no width to stretch the backline. Hence, Silva couldnt get the pockets of space between the defence and midfield and be more effective. When we did manage to pass our way through the middle, we were either trying to walk the ball in (Arsenal-esque) or were making the wrong choice with the final ball.

It looked better when AJ came on, stretched the backline, opened spaces at the back. tbh we should have started with AJ on the right and Nasri on the left to stretch the backline from the start and stay on the wings. Dropping Aguero to the bench, having Silva playing off Dzeko with Barry and Yaya holding the midfield.

But very disappointed with Tevez, did a really shite warm-up, came on in the 80th minute, took him 14 mins to do anything of note and kept giving the ball away. Its the old saying if you dont do a proper warm-up, "fail to prepare, prepare to fail". He needs to go, NOW!

inGavious said:
tbh ... it was an error by Barry giving the ball away so stupidly as Napoli had shown previously how good they are on the counter.

but the whole set-up was wrong. we cant play everything through the middle when the opposition have 3 centerbacks and their formation reverts to a 5-4-1 when defending.

For some reason we went 4-2-2-2, with everything going through the middle and getting no width to stretch the backline. Hence, Silva couldnt get the pockets of space between the defence and midfield and be more effective. When we did manage to pass our way through the middle, we were either trying to walk the ball in (Arsenal-esque) or were making the wrong choice with the final ball.

It looked better when AJ came on, stretched the backline, opened spaces at the back. tbh we should have started with AJ on the right and Nasri on the left to stretch the backline from the start and stay on the wings. Dropping Aguero to the bench, having Silva playing off Dzeko with Barry and Yaya holding the midfield.

But very disappointed with Tevez, did a really shite warm-up, came on in the 80th minute, took him 14 mins to do anything of note and kept giving the ball away. Its the old saying if you dont do a proper warm-up, "fail to prepare, prepare to fail". He needs to go, NOW!

Copyright_symbol_9.gif
skysports.jpg

Only just seen this thread and haven't read it, but I thought Barry had a good game. One error, true, but there was some bad luck involved in that.

We miss him when he's not there. When De Jong is fit I'd go with Barry and De Jong and drop Ya Ya. He won't, though.

baggy said:
inGavious said:

Copyright_symbol_9.gif
skysports.jpg
I see what you did there.

It's a load of bollocks though all this warm-up shit, something thrown out for foamers to jump on. Carlos had actually been out for most of the 2nd half (and a lot of the 1st), warmed up correctly then kept himself ticking over, whilst looking at the bench continuously in order to persuade Mancini to put him on.

Was actually good to see Tevez wanting to get on rather than just moping at the back of the dug-out taking a pay-cheque.

As for Gaz-Baz, my mate had him as MotM while I honestly thought he had a good game, doing his normal job but also covering for AK and PZ when they went forward. Losing the ball in that area should never have led to a goal, but shit happens as they say.

The Future's Blue said:
baggy said:
inGavious said:

Copyright_symbol_9.gif
skysports.jpg
I see what you did there.

It's a load of bollocks though all this warm-up shit, something thrown out for foamers to jump on. Carlos had actually been out for most of the 2nd half (and a lot of the 1st), warmed up correctly then kept himself ticking over, whilst looking at the bench continuously in order to persuade Mancini to put him on.

Was actually good to see Tevez wanting to get on rather than just moping at the back of the dug-out taking a pay-cheque.

the mistake? the travesty? he took Dzeko off and not Aguero and then didn't put Tevez on till 10 minutes to go, Carlos needs time of the pitch to get up to speed seeing as he hasn't played much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.