Barry's Excellence

leighton said:
Barry in the same league as Alonso and Pirlo give over. He has been found out this season in big games. The midfield has got better this season you look at Milner this season he has upped his game to a new level I thought he couldnt get to. Barry isnt going to be part of our long term plans in my view we will buy a better player in the summer.

6 pages of unadulterated praise, then guess who pops up like a turd in a swimming pool.

Don't think Leighton is ever going to be convinced that Barry brings anything to the City party.

leighton said:
Barry in the same league as Alonso and Pirlo give over. He has been found out this season in big games. The midfield has got better this season you look at Milner this season he has upped his game to a new level I thought he couldnt get to. Barry isnt going to be part of our long term plans in my view we will buy a better player in the summer.

The biggest pile of shit by far,these comments !!

Underrated, class class player!!

I would go as far as saying he is the BEST signing we have made since the money came in

leighton said:

What a load of shite.

Benitez wanted to bring in Barry to replace Alonso but couldn't afford him. That's why Alonso left the season after.

Trying to compare Milner to Barry just shows how little you know about how a football team works. Milner came in for Barry in Napoli and played well, all action Roy of the Rovers style performance. Covered every blade of grass. And the team played shite.

Barry comes back in and the team plays as a unit again. He moves the ball quickly, picking the right, intelligent pass everytime. Tactically astute, holds his position, covers for team mates, retains possession, dictates the pace of a game. He's not as obviously flashy to 10 year old kids as Milner, but Barry makes the whole team tick. Far better player.

Barry lacks the pace of Alonso, but every other aspect of his game does measure up to Alonso, and this season he has compensated well for his lack of pace with his abillity to get himself into good positions and his accurate passing.

He has had periods since coming to City where he has struggled with his form, but as they say form is temporary class is permanent.

Also seems to have mostly kicked his habit of running into the backs of players on the edge of our box, which was my one criticism last season. Now he is our most consistent player, bar none. Hard to get a chant going for him, but there are a few crackers there:

"I'm your biggest fan,
I'll follow you until you love me,
Gareth, Gareth Barry!"
(Paparazzi by Lady Gaga)

"I dream of
Gazzer, Gazzer, Gazzer Baz!
Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh"
(Paradise by Coldplay)

Heard a few lads singing that second one, the "ooooooooooh" bit sounds brilliant.

bluefandk said:
Barry lacks the pace of Alonso, but every other aspect of his game does measure up to Alonso, and this season he has compensated well for his lack of pace with his abillity to get himself into good positions and his accurate passing.

He has had periods since coming to City where he has struggled with his form, but as they say form is temporary class is permanent.

XABI Alonso?? He's got about as much pace as my freezer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.