Barry's Excellence

zabadabadoo1985 said:
I think one of the best things he does is wat Didi Hamann did a million times a game and that's win a free kick either to take the pressure off or in order to ensure we get everyone higher up the pitch. Has become a master of this. He among with Richards et al have credited Mancini for making him better tactically aware.

Spurs game in 2009/10 season changed wen he went off and they took control - sort of player you dont appreciate wen he is in the team but miss wen he isnt!

which is just what villas fans said about him when we signed him--he palyus every game and you hardly notice him-he misses a game and you know about it.

great player.gets no praise whatsoever from media..a current england international who motd and the rest have never ,ever spoken about.meanwhile parker(good player) gets all the praise..how much he,s turned spurs rouind etc etc...barry has helped city to the top and destroyed spurs and utd on thier own back yard.....oh never mind..scott parker is king.etc.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Dax777 said:
Okay, I noticed this against Pool, Norwich and Bayern. Gareth Barry has become the new Xabi Alonso. I remember after the game against Norwich when he was given the MOM award, I thought to myself, nah! He was at best a distant 3rd behind Yaya, and Nasri.

Then I went back and watched the game. My God! Was I wrong. Barry is doing some things I haven't seen since Alonzo left the premiership. He is pinging balls on a tight rope to forwards at an alarming rate. The accuracy and vision has been impeccable. Just go back and watch either Norwich or Bayern, and watch his ALonzo styled long balls. That looping ball Alonzo plays a lot. Barry seems to have figured out how to do it. And he is going crazy with it.

His movement offensively too has been fantastic. on numerous occasions against Norwich and Bayern, teammates have failed to pick him out as he moves Nasri like into dangerous spots. And when we lose the ball, the speed at which he gets back on defense to block or clatter into someone. One has to wonder where the rumors of him being slow came from.

I think Gareth Barry has been City's most impressive players the last 2 weeks or so. And it is not even close.

And no! I am not talking about his consistency, which he always had. I am talking about his raised game. He is playing some lights out football at the moment. I implore anyone to go back an watch (focus on Barry) the last 2 games, and see what he is doing. He is everywhere, and his passes, on the ground, in the air are just a thing of beauty. And he makes it look easy and routine. But they are not. He seems to be the only one who can find a forward on a rope when the opposition crowds the field.

I know most would disagree, but he is doing it better than EL Mago of late. And that my friends, is almost untinkable.

I have ordered my Barry 18, this run of form should not go un-applauded!

Rant Over!

Hang on - reality check! Did you actually say "Gareth Barry has become the new Xabi Alonso."? Sorry fella,but that silly statement prevented me from bothering with the rest.............................Do you owe him money or something?

Well he is certainly playing better than Alonso at present.

Project said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Dax777 said:
Okay, I noticed this against Pool, Norwich and Bayern. Gareth Barry has become the new Xabi Alonso. I remember after the game against Norwich when he was given the MOM award, I thought to myself, nah! He was at best a distant 3rd behind Yaya, and Nasri.

Then I went back and watched the game. My God! Was I wrong. Barry is doing some things I haven't seen since Alonzo left the premiership. He is pinging balls on a tight rope to forwards at an alarming rate. The accuracy and vision has been impeccable. Just go back and watch either Norwich or Bayern, and watch his ALonzo styled long balls. That looping ball Alonzo plays a lot. Barry seems to have figured out how to do it. And he is going crazy with it.

His movement offensively too has been fantastic. on numerous occasions against Norwich and Bayern, teammates have failed to pick him out as he moves Nasri like into dangerous spots. And when we lose the ball, the speed at which he gets back on defense to block or clatter into someone. One has to wonder where the rumors of him being slow came from.

I think Gareth Barry has been City's most impressive players the last 2 weeks or so. And it is not even close.

And no! I am not talking about his consistency, which he always had. I am talking about his raised game. He is playing some lights out football at the moment. I implore anyone to go back an watch (focus on Barry) the last 2 games, and see what he is doing. He is everywhere, and his passes, on the ground, in the air are just a thing of beauty. And he makes it look easy and routine. But they are not. He seems to be the only one who can find a forward on a rope when the opposition crowds the field.

I know most would disagree, but he is doing it better than EL Mago of late. And that my friends, is almost untinkable.

I have ordered my Barry 18, this run of form should not go un-applauded!

Rant Over!

Hang on - reality check! Did you actually say "Gareth Barry has become the new Xabi Alonso."? Sorry fella,but that silly statement prevented me from bothering with the rest.............................Do you owe him money or something?

Well he is certainly playing better than Alonso at present.
Shhh! Don't wake him up, he is still in a 2009 daze. :-)

Barry is a model pro. He was immensely loyal to Villa and left them only to realise his ambitions. It would have been a major shame if he had gone his whole career with no winners medals. I feel the same for other top pros - Gerrard for example as it looks like he will finish his career without a Premiership winners medal. I hope this is his season for a shedload of winners medals including a Euro winners medal.

Undoubtedly he has improved. I don't think it is a case of long-term under-appreciation of him as two seasons ago at times I felt he was very inconsistent and his form was up and down like a yo-yo, but he has actively improved and become smarter. Possibly as a result of being around an increasingly high quality of player. He doesn't have many injury problems either and has probably become a player now who can last quite a way into his 30s as long as he stays sharp in mind. I don't know about Alonso and Scholes comparisons, you don't see Barry do many jaw-dropping passes from deep, a lot of the stuff he does is far more simple.

took a few pointers off this thread and wrote this article for the sabotage times

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/how-gareth-barry-became-manchester-citys-most-important-player/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-s ... nt-player/</a>

hope it does him justice

Could it be he took notice of all the critisicm he had heaped upon him for carrying to much weight during his time playing for his country. Because he has definitley shed a few pounds and is much more effective player for it.

DS 1956 said:
Could it be he took notice of all the critisicm he had heaped upon him for carrying to much weight during his time playing for his country. Because he has definitley shed a few pounds and is much more effective player for it.

That was at the World Cup after he hadnt trained properly or played for 2 months. Taking him was the first mistake, playing him against Germany was the 2nd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.