Barry's Fault For Both Goals

This thread is a good thing. Every time Ricster makes a thread about a player, they prove him wrong in the next game. Not the greatest judge of player is Ricster.

Barry is the teams scapegoat , yes he may have been at fault but you can not blame the defeat solely on him . I am quite sure that even if he hadn't of made those mistakes , someone else would have and Bayern would have still won the game . The team on a whole was below par , not just Barry .

des hardi said:
quit looking for scapegoats ....you lot are worse than the media!!! get behind your team FFS!!!
lol at people saying Barry is a scapegoat.. He's easily the most overrated player on this site..

He was a scapegoat LAST season, but not close to it this year.

No onr is saying that Barry is completely SHIT, just that we have to look at this game and learn from it.. And not play Yaya and Barry as our only midfielders against a team like Bayern.. Especially if Micah got license to be a striker at times.

Barry is a great player to have in your squad, and he's been very solid this season but he doesn't have to play EVERY game imo.

Yeah Barry can do no wrong in some people's eyes this season. They just give you shit like "he's not supposed to be noticed" or "you know nothing about football" when you criticism Barry (and the criticism is very much deserved). He can do a job against your Wigan's and Swansea's but against a team with pacey players, who can control and pass the ball well he is next to useless. Too slow to close them down, can't get back to help the defense once they've gone past him, can't tackle for shit and constantly gives away free kicks and picks up yellow cards.

He has a place in the team as a squad player but shouldn't be anywhere near the team for CL matches and games against the rags etc.

Jumanji said:
Barry's fault?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDs5S3dhQvA[/youtube]

Excellent video...spot on.

I must say though, since this thread is about Barry, that I am not his biggest fan. He is highly inconsistent and plays one good game in every 3 or 4 games. As far as I'm concerned he is a bench player for our squad. One thing I'd like to point out is he is one of the worst ball handlers/passers I've ever seen with the exception of a few passes per game.

Re: Barry Fault's For Both Goals

typicalcity68 said:
Barry is a very good Premiership player, but once he steps up a level he is found out. The ease with which the nippier Bayern players passed him was frightening. Now Nige is back hopefully Barry will be on the bench in Europe and not starting.

Correct. Except, he's only an average footballer. He shines in an average team but is exposed at higher levels. Should be back at Villa.

bloody hell, piss off, you rag, stop slagging our players and get behind our team

This is where the club needs us most and we have to be at our loudest this weekend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.