Barry's Fault For Both Goals

Re: Barry Fault's For Both Goals

SWP's back said:
Impeccable said:
SWP's back said:
oh do fuck off. He was our best player last night.

There is absolutely no question Joe was our best performer. Is he exonerated from any blame in your book, SWP?

Mancio put "if you are a top keeper you block.... etc"

Therefore he insinuated he is not a top keeper.

That is what i had the problem with.

Does that explain it sufficiently for you?

Ask him to explain what Inter's keeper was doing for Dzagoev's shot last night

Impeccable said:
SWP's back said:
Impeccable said:
There is absolutely no question Joe was our best performer. Is he exonerated from any blame in your book, SWP?

Not particularly. Do you think Joe isn't blameless for any of the goals?

What do you seem to be stuck on? Me telling mancio to fuck off as he doesn't think Joe is a top keeper is fairly straight forward.

I wouldn't aportion blame to Joe for either goal no. For the reasons I have already given. I would say the 2nd was an amazing save to even get a hand to it.

johnmc said:
remember arthur mann said:
Correct! Too many of the same players in the side, I've said it before, we need some tough tackling tenacious players in midfield, if we continue with committed wing backs then I suppose we possibly need three of this type. Sadly Barry, Toure and Milner are just plodders, very good professionals in their own right but not for this team.

What modern day sucessful teams can you name with sucessful tough tackling midfielders?

I understand what you're saying, especially when you are not allowed to tackle anymore, so more like ratters then, players who can chase and shut down play. I don't think our midfield has that ability.

remember arthur mann said:
I understand what you're saying, especially when you are not allowed to tackle anymore, so more like ratters then, players who can chase and shut down play. I don't think our midfield has that ability.

There was a period in the game albeit very short in period where we pinned them right back and silva, nasri pressed the full backs very high and dzeko and aguerro occupied the centre backs. We needed it the whole game though and to be honest, as a team we just werent good or experienced enough.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A two man midfield, a slow immobile one at that, fighting with one hand tied behind our backs from the very beginning.

Yaya is not a holding midfielder and Barry will always be exposed for pace at such a level.

Yaya can no longer justify a starting role in this current formation.

I agree... Why does Yaya start every game and never gets substituted? the only position for him is behind the striker with two holding midfielders

Ricster said:
SWP's back said:
Impeccable said:

Ask him to explain what Inter's keeper was doing for Dzagoev's shot last night

maybe a bit off topic but i'm happy to answer , julio cesar HAS BEEN for 3/4 years one of or the best world goalkeepers. then he has done a "Dida" and in the last 18 months he's become nothing less than a disgrace . he is not the first nor will be the last brasilian that around the 30 years seem to lost his football brain.

Ricster said:
The incident that allowed Bayern their first goal came from Barry giving the ball away cheaply. Up until that moment, he had given the ball away on no less than 4 other occasions. This one though proved costly.

The second goal should have been cleared quite easily, but for some reason Barry's concentration levels were not what they should of been and got caught on his heels as the ball was chipped into the box. For me Barry should have got to this ball first also.

Barry has started the season well, but in each match we have played, he is managing to give the ball away during matches far to often.

Time to be benched and give someone else a go? Milner, Zab, Razak, Roman?

We cant continue to give the ball away as often as we are doing and Mancini needs to show the players that costly mistakes will lead to changes in the team.

Rick someone hacked your account you would never choose Milner over anyone

I would like to get one thing straight.

Hart had a great game last night but IMO he could and should have done better with both goals. I would not swap Hart for any other keeper in the workld at the moment, that does not exclude him from criticism when mistakes are made.

The Centre backs certainly did not help on the first,the fact they had the shot, a rebound and a second rebound was poor display from the CB's.

As someone posted earlier, the first goal was far too central to be pushed around the post.... on his day Hart would have collected that one cleanly.

That said, if you watch Harts reaction to the second goal.... he knows de did wrong putting the ball back into play.

Up until that point we were holding our own and had we gone in 1=0 down at HT things could have been different...but we didnt and they werent so....

Move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.