Barry's Fault For Both Goals

Nice to see the thread title has been changed by someone to make it more interesting.

The thread title i put up read

Barry Fault's For Both Goals.

Not as it reads now! Nothing like trying to stir shit is there?

Re: Barry Fault's For Both Goals

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A two man midfield, a slow immobile one at that, fighting with one hand tied behind our backs from the very beginning.

Yaya is not a holding midfielder and Barry will always be exposed for pace at such a level.

Yaya can no longer justify a starting role in this current formation.

I still think we'd see Yaya shine better in his less advanced role once De Jong comes back. Nigel is basically a 3rd CB, and at the moment we are asking Yaya and Barry to both play as CMs rather than as a DM. United have done it well for years with Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Scholes etc - not DMs but CMs - the difference between theirs and ours is that they have entirely different skillsets.

Me personally I would try De Jong with Yaya in the 'Barry' position...I'd play Aguero or Balotelli in one of the wider positions and let Nasri play more central, I think he would influence the game more as he doesn't have as many tricks to get past a player as easily as Silva does.

----NDJ----
------Yaya--
-SA/MB-Nasri-Silva
-----SA/MB/ED---

It's unfair to single out an individual (like Barry) for this defeat. Barry had a good start but like in the Napoli and Fulham game he didn't deliver 90+ minutes. To be more precise: the team as a unit failed. (The passing was cringeworthy)

You could see how easily Bayern players found eachother and dominated with accurate passing and good movement. After a good start City lost it's solidity as if they were playing a bluf and Bayern called it. It's also a lack of Champions League experience that is a factor.

Unfortunately Barry has proved again that he can't raise his game when it counts and is slowly but surely drifting towards the dead wood category. English football is what he understands but on a higher stage he just doesn't have the talent to cope. Having said this, he's still a useful squadplayer and lucky that De Rossi didn't feel like coming to City.

As soon as de Jong finds his momentum again, City will look more solid.

Barry and Yaya are too slow to be the only ones in our midfield against good team.. We need De Jong or Milner against teams that know how to counter attack.

I know that the new trend on Blue moon is to defend Barry, but come on.

you can't blame one person for the lose it was a team effort (without the effort)
they all played crap after the first 30/35 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.