Bars in Northern Quarter or Ancoats before game for this Saturday?

We ended up in The Wheatsheaf....that was an eye opener. Early evening disco, old woman doing a bit of sniff in the middle of the pub, but reasonably priced beer and a good atmosphere.

We ended up in The Wheatsheaf....that was an eye opener. Early evening disco, old woman doing a bit of sniff in the middle of the pub, but reasonably priced beer and a good atmosphere.

Sure I read that it was earmarked for closing even before Covid. Pretty much the last of the ‘traditional’ pubs left in the NQ now The City has gone.

( Not sure if The Millstone is officially in the NQ and don’t wanna upset the guy who is big on these things. )

I was in both the Millstone and Wheatsheaf on Saturday, they're round the corner from each other. Both are proper old school pubs filled with nutters. I've lived away from Manchester for many years and I love coming back to these kind of places. There is nowhere else like Manchester for pubs with friendly faces where no one gives a toss and you can talk shit with anyone.

Sure I read that it was earmarked for closing even before Covid. Pretty much the last of the ‘traditional’ pubs left in the NQ now The City has gone.

( Not sure if The Millstone is officially in the NQ and don’t wanna upset the guy who is big on these things. )
It is indeed!

Hi, wearing the colours this weekend. Any pubs to avoid that don't allow middle-aged polyester clad blokes in pre or post game ?

DieCast sounds interesting, but I'll assume they have a dress code?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.