Bars in Valencia for watching games

1. I'm a Barça fan from Barcelona. It's a fact.

2. To know Valencia being catalán is easy. Near, same language, same culture....I dont speak about know Hamburg being catalan, I speak about to know Valencia.

3. There are a lot of english/irish pubs in Barcelona, but just a few in Valencia.

4. You are british, so you can see some diferences?

14618443367354.jpg

irish-beer-on-tap.jpg

It's SO different.

All is different.

The 1st guy does not understand a shit word in english. The beer between 2 bars is fucking different. The people. Forniture. Way to relate. Even the light. English bar always is darker than spanish bar. English bar use to have live music, something wich 1st old guy will never give you even dreaming.

Then:

5. Best idea is advise a british bar.

6. Liverpool bar is, in Valencia, best british bar.

That's all.

Other two good places:

AF1QipNqxzOynacqkBNWsj9qK9NBaNr4GpBAtmrcEPVR=w555-h412-n-k-no

Negresco English bar.

Street: Carrer de Carcaixent, 16.

Or:

AF1QipPSvWp6vSOxO4DAMDhHeGS4AqiBIAC1wAi6RtKr=s1356-w768-h1356

Red Lion English Bar.

Street: Carrer de Puerto Rico, 25.

I'm going in September and found these bars that show games. Any verdict on them?

The Market Bar Cabanyal

St.Patricks Irish Pub

The Lounge

I'm going in September and found these bars that show games. Any verdict on them?

The Market Bar Cabanyal

St.Patricks Irish Pub

The Lounge
Lucky enough to have been to Valencis about 8 times.
Watched City several times in Finnegan's Irish Bar, in one of the main squares near the Cathedral. Looks as if it may currently be closed ? If it is, am amazed, as it is in a superb, but touristy location.
Also seen City twice in "Saint Martin's Urban Irish Bar - not that far from Finnegan's.
A lot smaller, with fewer screens (so less choice of games), but very friendly. Although Irish Bar is in the name, far more locals drank there and we enjoyed it more. Even watched the 2-3 defeat to MUFC (Pogba game) there and it was a good atmosphere. More of the locals even wanted City to win, which suprised me.

Make sure you hire a bike and ride down to the port area (has safe, cycle paths) through the Turia Park (former river) - it is
a superb park that is very busy. If you're fit enough, cycle further north from the Port to the beach area. The sea is clear and you would never know, looking north, that you are only a few miles from a bustling City.
Lastly, go to watch Valencia or Levante. Been to see Valencia F.C. a few times and the stadium is great and tickets were resonable at about 30 euros. Saw David Silva play there a couple of seasons before he signed for City...

Lucky enough to have been to Valencis about 8 times.
Watched City several times in Finnegan's Irish Bar, in one of the main squares near the Cathedral. Looks as if it may currently be closed ? If it is, am amazed, as it is in a superb, but touristy location.
Also seen City twice in "Saint Martin's Urban Irish Bar - not that far from Finnegan's.
A lot smaller, with fewer screens (so less choice of games), but very friendly. Although Irish Bar is in the name, far more locals drank there and we enjoyed it more. Even watched the 2-3 defeat to MUFC (Pogba game) there and it was a good atmosphere. More of the locals even wanted City to win, which suprised me.

Make sure you hire a bike and ride down to the port area (has safe, cycle paths) through the Turia Park (former river) - it is
a superb park that is very busy. If you're fit enough, cycle further north from the Port to the beach area. The sea is clear and you would never know, looking north, that you are only a few miles from a bustling City.
Lastly, go to watch Valencia or Levante. Been to see Valencia F.C. a few times and the stadium is great and tickets were resonable at about 30 euros. Saw David Silva play there a couple of seasons before he signed for City...
Thanks for the heads up mate. I'm going to make a note of all that.
I did have Finnegans listed but it does appear to be closed.
I do have 'Saint Martins' on my drinking list but wasn't sure if it had screens or not. I will bear in mind what you said.
Thanks again!

Currently in Valencia for a few days, and planning to watch Sunday’s game in St. Patrick’s Pub (I’ve messaged them and they have said they will have it on). Any Blues on here going, or does anyone have a better suggestion where to watch the game (preferably where there’s likely to be some City fans).

BTW, since being here, the only EPL shirts I’ve seen are City. Blues are here, Blues are there…..

Currently in Valencia for a few days, and planning to watch Sunday’s game in St. Patrick’s Pub (I’ve messaged them and they have said they will have it on). Any Blues on here going, or does anyone have a better suggestion where to watch the game (preferably where there’s likely to be some City fans).

BTW, since being here, the only EPL shirts I’ve seen are City. Blues are here, Blues are there…..
Hi mate. You'll be surrounded by cockney reds and Irish scousers in St Patrick's but it's not a bad pub to watch the game in. Plenty of screens and decent enough beers (although I normally stick to bottles of Turia).
I watch games in St Martin's which is a bit more central. A smaller but nicer pub. Again, quite a few screens but they never have the volume on unless you ask. Valencia are away at the same time so they'll probably have that on as well but they'll have City on.
Unfortunately, I'm away this weekend or I would've been in there.
Enjoy the city and hopefully the match!

Hi mate. You'll be surrounded by cockney reds and Irish scousers in St Patrick's but it's not a bad pub to watch the game in. Plenty of screens and decent enough beers (although I normally stick to bottles of Turia).
I watch games in St Martin's which is a bit more central. A smaller but nicer pub. Again, quite a few screens but they never have the volume on unless you ask. Valencia are away at the same time so they'll probably have that on as well but they'll have City on.
Unfortunately, I'm away this weekend or I would've been in there.
Enjoy the city and hopefully the match!
Cheers for the info. Yeah, the Valencia game is on at the same time, which is why I thought St. Patrick’s might be a better bet, but will take a closer look at St. Martin’s. One thing’s for definite - I’ll be giving that Dipper Bar a miss.

Thanks - done all the tourist stuff with the family already, so I should be sorted for a weekend of boxing and City!

Cheers for the info. Yeah, the Valencia game is on at the same time, which is why I thought St. Patrick’s might be a better bet, but will take a closer look at St. Martin’s. One thing’s for definite - I’ll be giving that Dipper Bar a miss.

Thanks - done all the tourist stuff with the family already, so I should be sorted for a weekend of boxing and City!
Yeah, stay well away from the Liverpool bar. Only been in once when pissed. Ended up singing a Smiths song on karaoke and doing shots with the owner (Spaniard not a scouser thankfully). The wife found me naked in our bathroom covered in sick so never been back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.