Baseless speculation Iheanacho/Bony

He's trying to play Bony out of the club for more than a fiver. It's not working. Get Nacho back in. Nacho and Aguero would be a lethal combination. Nacho would give Aguero support and would score goals. This season Nacho has been the better player and it would do him the world of good for next season getting another 8 games under his belt before next season.

I agree, I think it's pure asset management. As mad as Manuel can be, there is literally no way he looks at both players, their performances and skill sets and prefers Wilf. He may make tactical mistake, but there's no doubting he's a fan of attacking free flowing football. No way in my opinion is Bony playing for football reason.

I agree, I think it's pure asset management. As mad as Manuel can be, there is literally no way he looks at both players, their performances and skill sets and prefers Wilf. He may make tactical mistake, but there's no doubting he's a fan of attacking free flowing football. No way in my opinion is Bony playing for football reason.

So at the risk of losing £50m or more from failure to qualify for the CL we are playing Bony to maybe get £5m for him? Seems a bit silly that one!

The trouble is, we're so far from where we should be, he'll have to be playing Nacho if we're to stand a chance of winning games and cementing the top 4.
Fortunately Nasri and De Bruyne aren't far away from a return and I think they'll add a lot more to our attacking play and better balance.

There can only be three possible reasons:
1. Manuel is a nice chap but totally clueless;
2. Manuel is trying to poison the well before he leaves;
3. Ian Acho is injured.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Ian Acho is a quantum leap ahead on Pony in all things football related.

Think the reason he prefers Bony over Iheanacho is that the latter tends to give possession away more; it's the same reason that Sterling is benched or hooked in matches. For a manager so fixated on possession, it's little wonder he has less patience for players who lose the ball.

So at the risk of losing £50m or more from failure to qualify for the CL we are playing Bony to maybe get £5m for him? Seems a bit silly that one!

I don't agree with it. And in fairness to Pellegrini playing a £30 million pound striker over a 19 year old should be a no brainer.
Unfortunately it is a no brainer, but not in the way it should be.

Pellegrini may be a lot of things, but I personally don't believe he prefers Bony and I personally believe it would be much easier for him to play Bony.

I think there's a lot of things currently wrong at City. I believe Pellegrini is taking most of the flack for many things he's not at fault for. That is only my opinion.

Playing Bony is in my opinion a mistake. But we should also be asking why is this mistake so obvious? Who is letting who down?

Much the same as I don't believe it's Pellegrini's fault that we've ended up totally one dimensional in attack. We have 3 number tens, two right footed wingers. No left sided winger. Non of our attackers compliment each other. To accommodate our three best(most expensive) attackers, at least one has to play out of position.

We have four full backs, two good attacking but poor defensively, 2 poor offensively but solid defenders. All too old.

We have 4 centre mids, non of them capable of playing in a two. One far from good enough, one adequate, one just about the most inconsistent in the league and in need of help from players we don't have. One brilliant.

Pellegrini is far from blameless, but the Bony Iheanacho issue is a microcosm of what I believe is wrong at City. No balance, under performing over priced player letting fans and manager a like down. Yet another multimillion pound player who must know he has no future with us.

We must have half a squad and we do have a manager who are out the door in 3 months and we are still trying to blame or sack said manager who is going anyway.

Our squad has all the trademarks of a relegation threatened side.
Aging players on the way out, players with nothing left to play for and a dead man walking as a manager.

We are asking a manager to get the best out of deadmen walking, at the same time asking a deadman walking to get the best out of deadmen walking. It's every bit as bizare and disturbing miss management as Bony over Iheanacho.

Last edited:
I honestly think it is because Manuel is a very nice chap. And Bony seems a very nice chap. So he plays him to be nice. It's all very nice.

Nice post.

Obviously Kelechi wont get experience if he isnt pickjed, but Pellers bought Bony so he has to prove himself right, OR, the club need to sell Bony and need him in the shop window. I would offer him on a bogoff deal

You mean just tell him to bog off?

Iheanachos age divided by his jersey number gives a smaller value than if the same was done with Bony's variables.

This is a clean family forum. Can we leave Bony's variables out of it, please?

I think Pellegrini feels all of this will come good
Bony will get a good result and it will all start to come together
Kelechi will benefit more from this scenario
Vs. playing a lot this year and not so much next year.
Maybe Kelechi is being held a bit until pep comes in to assess if he wants to keep him or loan him off/ sell him use the money?
I can't believe it's only (Bony vs Kelechi )
Who is playing better?
There has to be more to it than that

Think the reason he prefers Bony over Iheanacho is that the latter tends to give possession away more; it's the same reason that Sterling is benched or hooked in matches. For a manager so fixated on possession, it's little wonder he has less patience for players who lose the ball.
Which is the reason we are so boring to watch. I don't know if it's a confidence thing or they are being told to pass the ball to death but we are crying out for somebody that can run at a player and unbalance defenders. I was hoping Sterling would be that player but he just seems to stop and cut inside, is that the managers doing ?

United only looked dangerous on Sunday when Martial had a run on Sagna and Rashford went toe to toe with MDM.

Look at Barca, for all their possession and intricate passing there is always one moment of brilliance that unlocks the defence.

We've not had a player since Johnson that can skin a full back so well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.