Basic manners, keyboard warriors etc

He means that I read about three sentences, saw that this was just a personal attack on me rather than actually making a point then immediately filed it under the "don't give a shit" section and skipped it.

This can't be for real. It wasn't a personal attack of any kind.

I honestly can't believe this is the approach you're taking to this. Why do you bother moderating?

This can't be for real. It wasn't a personal attack of any kind.

I honestly can't believe this is the approach you're taking to this. Why do you bother moderating?

My ability to moderate does not give you absolute precedent on my time and doesn't mean I have to literally answer every post you ever write about it. It's insufferably arrogant to presume this.

This poster is currently in argument with the mods, specifically me, about a warning that he received for breaching the Code of Conduct.

He's pissed off that I've warned him for a post so take his views within that context.

Is this in reference to me? This really couldn't be further from the truth.

As per the CoC I deserved to be warned, I was a dick to a poster who I thought was being out of line, I got a bit emotionally charged, actually on more than one occassion about the same guy, and I left feeling embarassed.

I've no issue with being warned for that, i was out of line.

The wider issue, in my opinion is the culture that's started appearing here, and Damocles, your approach to dealing with this, as the front of house representation, is equally embarrassing as my posts to which you are referring.

This isn't a personal attack and doesn't need to be treated as such

No, it's a reference to the poster who I quoted...

The wider issue, in my opinion is the culture that's started appearing here, and Damocles, your approach to dealing with this, as the front of house representation, is equally embarrassing as my posts to which you are referring.

I'm not "dealing with it". I'm totally ignoring it. I have the right as a poster to totally ignore any post I like and hold any opinion that I like.

Perhaps you've misunderstood how the moderators work here and what their job is?

As per the CoC I deserved to be warned, I was a dick to a poster who I thought was being out of line, I got a bit emotionally charged, actually on more than one occassion about the same guy, and I left feeling embarassed.

I've no issue with being warned for that, i was out of line.

This isn't a personal attack and doesn't need to be treated as such

No it's a reference to me apparently. But I was under the impression that we shouldn't talk about disputes. So I'll be the one to actually stick to that rule and say no more.

WTF is going on here?!?!?

Damo, seriously, stop being so aggressive and paranoid. Why are you taking everything so personally? This is fucking surreal.

I'm not, I'm trying to point out that this little ditzy here isn't exactly about a frank exchange of opinions in good faith. Mainly because you've sent me 5 PMs already this morning complaining about a warning, and the other guy's post started off as bollocks, then became patronising and now he's completely mixed up the idea that this is some sort of "Official Bluemoon Communication" because I happen to be posting on it

My ability to moderate does not give you absolute precedent on my time and doesn't mean I have to literally answer every post you ever write about it. It's insufferably arrogant to presume this.

I think over the past couple of pages you've demonstrated in full why there is a problem here, then.

Like it or not, as a moderator you will be asked questions on the code of conduct, and you will have issues of the board discussed with you. It should be expected. Simply backing away because you don't want to enter into dialogue is, quite frankly, the move of a child.

Even if you don't agree with me, you don't think theres a better way to handle this?

How can you ban people for being rude/wums etc, when you are willing to enter into it yourself?

No it's a reference to me apparently. But I was under the impression that we shouldn't talk about disputes. So I'll be the one to actually stick to that rule and say no more.

I'm not talking about our dispute. I'm acknowledging that there is one when you openly post about my current moderation. That is an important context.

I think over the past couple of pages you've demonstrated in full why there is a problem here, then.

Like it or not, as a moderator you will be asked questions on the code of conduct, and you will have issues of the board discussed with you. It should be expected. Simply backing away because you don't want to enter into dialogue is, quite frankly, the move of a child.

Even if you don't agree with me, you don't think theres a better way to handle this?

How can you ban people for being rude/wums etc, when you are willing to enter into it yourself?

I'm not being rude and certainly not trying to wind you up. In fact me backing away from that was the most polite cause of action because I could spend the next half an hour telling you why your post was complete bollocks from start to finish. That would be rude, ignoring it was me saving everybody the hassle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.