Basic manners, keyboard warriors etc

Just tried to read the last 10 pages.......! Fucking hell lads, you lot need to take heed of a good old military acronym, used when it came to writing correspondence.........

A, B, C

Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity

I appreciate it's not a democracy and ultimately it's a pointless argument to make on my part when nothing will change but there are holes in the argument and instances of perceived hypocrisy. I'm no red on a wind up.

You don't see neither the irony or hypocrisy in suggesting that somebody should change a posting style to be less insulting whilst consistently insulting them?

That one slipped you by did it?

I have absolutely no problem with you doing this by the way as I'm more than able to take it as I can give it, but the fact that you've spent hours arguing against the thing that you've just done would suggest that maybe you need to rethink how you really feel on your views as what you support intellectually you don't seem to in practice. No bother, we can file this under "things that you'd quite like but will never happen due to yours and others nature" and move on.

If it's such a ballache dealing with people and having to correct people, deal with idiots who don't read past first three lines etc etc, why do it? What do you get from it?

I can't answer for Damo but I can say why I did it. When Ric first asked me, my immediate response was "fuck no" but I asked if I could think about it first. After spending years on here and enjoying my time here, I thought it would be pretty selfish not to say yes. I genuinely wanted to give something back and help the forum. It was nothing to do with wanting to be a mod or wanting to go on a power trip. From speaking to the other mods and interacting with them in the mod room, I got the strong impression that they were doing it for the same reasons. They enjoyed the forum and wanted to give something back.
When I stopped moderating it was because I had stopped enjoying the forum. You don't actually realise how much work they put in, and in return all they get is people questioning their motives. I am much happier being a normal poster, but I still get the occasional pang of guilt because I ducked out.
This thread is a perfect example of why I wouldn't want to do it again. People who have no idea about how the place is run or the people who help run it, but are happy to judge and label them all the same.
Fair play to the lads that still do it because for me it just wasn't worth the shit you get in return.

I would like to take this opportune time to thank Ric and Damocles for the "Click to expand" feature.

I was going to wait until someone brought up that poxy list of celebrity rags again but fuck it, +1

Everything that I could say does nothing to emphasise your point to you because your point was reached through bollocks ideas in the first place and thus your bollocks will become self-affirming. The idea that you can psychologically analyse somebody through reading a few posts on an internet forum is hilarious and again, ultimately bollocks. Despite what your self confirmation suggests.

And I didn't interpret it for anybody else, it was a humour device to show that you literally just insulted me as you've been doing all day, and are self-righteously giving lectures on moderator posting styles.

Because it's an expectation of a moderator that they put up with this shit and don't tell you all to piss off, because apparently the world would collapse if a bunch of overly precious people weren't given our full attention and we'd immediately be branded as "bad moderators" and then you lot would be restricted due to abuse and then we would be branded biased and the cycle continues. It's almost as though I've been here longer than a day and literally seen these sorts of things happen and understand that some users need dealing with in different ways isn't it?

I didn't claim to psychologically analyse you at all. I said that it's interesting that of all the moderators you're the only one who makes it clear that they are moderator time and time again.

And anyone who has to reiterate that they Mod fairly again and again probably doesn't confidently feel they do. All the other mods are like the good referees you never notice. You only know who they are because people will joke about them being harsh (Ducado is referenced regularly to this effect)

Again, no full analysis on my part, merely observations with an element of psychological theory behind them.

I don't doubt your value to this forum, technically it's the best forum around and no doubt you're a reason for that but that doesn't mean you can play god which to some, me included it appears you are.

I didn't claim to psychologically analyse you at all. I said that it's interesting that of all the moderators you're the only one who makes it clear that they are moderator time and time again.

And anyone who has to reiterate that they Mod fairly again and again probably doesn't confidently feel they do. All the other mods are like the good referees you never notice. You only know who they are because people will joke about them being harsh (Ducado is referenced regularly to this effect)

Again, no full analysis on my part, merely observations with an element of psychological theory behind them.

I don't doubt your value to this forum, technically it's the best forum around and no doubt you're a reason for that but that doesn't mean you can play god which to some, me included it appears you are.
There is no God...certainly not on a fucking Internet forum full of mental City fans

I can't answer for Damo but I can say why I did it. When Ric first asked me, my immediate response was "fuck no" but I asked if I could think about it first. After spending years on here and enjoying my time here, I thought it would be pretty selfish not to say yes. I genuinely wanted to give something back and help the forum. It was nothing to do with wanting to be a mod or wanting to go on a power trip. From speaking to the other mods and interacting with them in the mod room, I got the strong impression that they were doing it for the same reasons. They enjoyed the forum and wanted to give something back.
When I stopped moderating it was because I had stopped enjoying the forum. You don't actually realise how much work they put in, and in return all they get is people questioning their motives. I am much happier being a normal poster, but I still get the occasional pang of guilt because I ducked out.
This thread is a perfect example of why I wouldn't want to do it again. People who have no idea about how the place is run or the people who help run it, but are happy to judge and label them all the same.
Fair play to the lads that still do it because for me it just wasn't worth the shit you get in return.

Fair play and I'm not questioning or criticising the effort and time Mods put in. In particular Damo whos technical input makes this place what it is but this is about his posting style as moderator. Not knocking the behind the scenes work and shit the mods put up with at all.

This is going in fucking circles now, pack it in lads. Damo you must have something better to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.