Basic manners, keyboard warriors etc

For the love of God don't read the thread. It has some of the longest posts I've ever seen on here and adds nothing to the Board. Get over to the KdB thread and enjoy!

Agreed, do this. The posts aren't even in editorial style

And yet you still won't enjoy it, you'll still get drawn into these arguments, and you'll still get people like me calling you out.

At one point you'll recognise that every approach you take leads to the same results, and you'll seriously have to rethink a thing or to. Thats the scientific method, my friend.

I'm done now @bluegirl74

Alternatively, I'll go back to a previously successful style and go back to previously successful results.

It's almost as though you literally have no idea what I'm talking about at all isn't it?

And I absolutely agree with your last sentence.

Not how it works mate. When people quite so publicly get called on their shit by people not involved in the argument, they then create an imaginary group of people who fully agree with everything they say completely so they can use the words "us" and "we" rather than "me" and "I". It's a common tactic employed by simpletons to attempt to give their obviously crap argument more implied authority, the suggestion that they are speaking for an unspoken masses and they have their finger on the pulse that is missed by others.

Politicians do this almost constantly and are trained to do so.
See, I knew you posted interesting stuff.

This is basically our whole argument in one post Damocles, as it all boils down to subjectivity. I can't believe two educated people can to and fro so much about subjectivity.

I am actually embarrassed in myself a little, because I hate getting drawn into crap like this.

I asked questions of you, which you gave, what I felt to be an arrogant answer, and as I said previously, I feel mods should be held to higher standards than us, I always will.

If you weren't so aggressive in your posting manner, you never would have wasted your day.
What's the difference between a mod and a normal poster? Why should the standards change?

See, I knew you posted interesting stuff.

This thread aside, linguistic tricks/rhetoric used by politicians is actually a super interesting topic

Steven Pinker is one of the most famous thinkers on rhetoric, linguistics and critical analysis.

Obama and Cameron both benefited hugely in their first elections from constantly broadening the meaning of their language but shrinking their vocabulary. "Vote for Change" being the zenith of this thing that means absolutely nothing at all but was celebrated as a breakthrough - rather it meant nothing to somebody but everything to everybody.

Alternatively, I'll go back to a previously successful style and go back to previously successful results.

It's almost as though you literally have no idea what I'm talking about at all isn't it?

And I absolutely agree with your last sentence.

Honestly, how can I. You very rarely debate the topic, or expect inferences to be drawn from text which is neither presented well nor all that well articulated.

But anyway, I'm glad you agree, we can both move on now.

Honestly, how can I. You very rarely debate the topic, or expect inferences to be drawn from text which is neither presented well nor all that well articulated.

But anyway, I'm glad you agree, we can both move on now.

Many others have no issue at all keeping up with the points made. Have you considered that the problem is that the points make perfect sense and you're just not really bright enough to understand them without having them repeatedly spelled out in as many different phrasings as humanly possible?

But I'm glad you've decided to totally drop this now. I'll look forward to this extended period of quiet that I'm sure will be forthcoming

What's the difference between a mod and a normal poster? Why should the standards change?

I think Roaminblue is right about this. The moderation on here is very different from when I first joined. It used to be a lot more tongue in cheek, there was a lot more banter. Now (perhaps because of the number of posters) it seems to be much more confrontational. A bit more like policing than moderating.

That's fine, Ric decides how this place runs and if he wants it moderated that way that is his privilege and it is the posters privilege to do one elsewhere.

If that is the style then as roamin says, the moderators have to have impeccable standards or they will end up like robocops and will crush the spirit that BM has always had.

Shame

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.