Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Re: Battle of the Bands - Oasis v Echo & the Bunnymen page 160

allan harper said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
allan harper said:
Lol I'm older than you but obviously given your choice you're more wiser !

Majority ;)

Ha !
Seriously if someone came up to me and said listen to this album it's fucking good it's by the Bunnyrabbits or whatever they're called I'd of told him to fuck off. Shit band names = shit music.

Just listen to ''Ocean Rain'' - the 4th best album ever in the whole wide world. Ever.

For the record,
1. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
2. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
3. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Juju

foetus said:
MCFC BOB said:
I haven't heard that much of the Bunnymen's material but they're better than fucking One Note.

Yeah but its a fucking awesome note ;)
They made the same album seven times and never grew up. Liam's still the same person he was in 1994. Yet Blur, who were knocked out of the competition in the first round by Kev's fixing tactics, grew up as musicians from a Britpop band to an established pop and experimental rock band in less time.

Blur released 'Parklife' in 1994, the same year that Oasis released 'Cigarettes & Alcohol'. Albarn and the two Gallagher brothers still young boys. Nine years later, Blur released this masterpiece as the final single off the last album, while Oasis released 'Songbird' a few months before.

In between those points, Albarn & co. had gone through several different genres with the same band and even started a hip-hop based cartoon group (Gorillaz). While Oasis, who only remain in this competition because of where most of the voters are from, fell apart, got back together, argued about nothing and went on one very long road and got worse with each album.

I'll always prefer Blur to Oasis. Always. Kev knew Blur would be the biggest threat to Oasis outside of The Beatles, so he put them in a fight he knew they'd never win. It's alright, Albarn, Coxon & friends, I'm here for you. Always.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJR4nhKcxCo[/youtube]

Yeah tender is good song.

But....I dont base my music taste on the way bands experiment or the way some bands are more talented or have songs which have a 'deeper, more artistic meaning'. I base it on whether I like the music or not. For that reason I'll always like oasis more than blur. Each to their own i guess

foetus said:
Yeah tender is good song.

But....I dont base my music taste on the way bands experiment or the way some bands are more talented or have songs which have a 'deeper, more artistic meaning'. I base it on whether I like the music or not. For that reason I'll always like oasis more than blur. Each to their own i guess
'However you do it, stay creative'.

Can we not just award it to The Beatles? They should win and probably will.

25-24 to Oasis. My devious plan with the numerous accounts has paid dividends. Prestwich Blue will never be able to ban all of them no matter how hard he tries.

Battle of the Band Contest

Quarter Final Matchday 1 -

Joy Division...........................................................................................................The Rolling Stones
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGMDBppWBOo[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.