Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Battle of the Bands - The Beatles v Blur pg 68

Lenny: If you ask me, Muhammad Ali in his prime, was much better than anti-lock brakes.
Carl: Yeah, but what about Johnny Mathis versus Diet Pepsi?
Moe: Oh, I cannot listen to this again!

Re: Battle of the Bands - The Beatles v Blur pg 68

Banned Tosspot said:
danburge82 said:
Early Beatles stuff is just beat music, not rock. They sang about wanting to hold someone's hand and a lot of stuff as lame as this, a lot. This was accompanied by very average music. They were just a family aimed boy pop group and were really nothing special.

At the same time there were other bands singing about sex, drugs, depression; and some bands playing some sublime music, masters of their instruments.

They did improve. Well, that's an understatement. They became a completely different band. By the time they brought out Revolver they were producing some excellent music with much better lyrics. They then made the most overrated album of all time. Sgt Pepper has embarrassing songs on it...it's shit! They then got back to Revolver quality with some of their later albums.

I like Blur a little bit, they made some good songs; The Beatles made some absolutely brilliant songs and even though they made just as many absolutely shit songs, they are true legends.

The Beatles!
Who were these bands?

So you really really like them then ? I thought you were exaggerating

danburge82 said:
Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, 13th Floor Elevators, Jefferson Airplane, The Rolling Stones, The Yardbirds, Cream...
The Stones covered 'I Wanna Be Your Man' a throwaway Beatles track to get them started.

Jefferson Airplane and 13th Floor Elevators didn't even form 'til 1965.

Add to that the line 'Well she was just seventeen, you know what I mean' and the original line from Day Tripper 'She's a prick teaser' rather than 'She's a big teaser' and you'll find they were just not as obvious as other bands.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 pm --<br /><br />
bobmcfc said:
Banned Tosspot said:
danburge82 said:
Early Beatles stuff is just beat music, not rock. They sang about wanting to hold someone's hand and a lot of stuff as lame as this, a lot. This was accompanied by very average music. They were just a family aimed boy pop group and were really nothing special.

At the same time there were other bands singing about sex, drugs, depression; and some bands playing some sublime music, masters of their instruments.

They did improve. Well, that's an understatement. They became a completely different band. By the time they brought out Revolver they were producing some excellent music with much better lyrics. They then made the most overrated album of all time. Sgt Pepper has embarrassing songs on it...it's shit! They then got back to Revolver quality with some of their later albums.

I like Blur a little bit, they made some good songs; The Beatles made some absolutely brilliant songs and even though they made just as many absolutely shit songs, they are true legends.

The Beatles!
Who were these bands?

Their legend should be taught in schools in history lessons.

Banned Tosspot said:
danburge82 said:
Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, 13th Floor Elevators, Jefferson Airplane, The Rolling Stones, The Yardbirds, Cream...
The Stones covered 'I Wanna Be Your Man' a throwaway Beatles track to get them started.

Add to that the line 'Well she was just seventeen, you know what I mean' and the original line from Day Tripper 'She's a prick teaser' rather than 'She's a big teaser' and you'll find they were just not as obvious as other bands.

-- Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 pm --

bobmcfc said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Who were these bands?

I have a similar love for one particular band

bobmcfc said:
Banned Tosspot said:
danburge82 said:

Add to that the line 'Well she was just seventeen, you know what I mean' and the original line from Day Tripper 'She's a prick teaser' rather than 'She's a big teaser' and you'll find they were just not as obvious as other bands.

bobmcfc said:

Bros?

Banned Tosspot said:
bobmcfc said:
Banned Tosspot said:

Bros?

I was expecting you to say One Direction or something like that. You didn't disappoint, well you did in a way, seems you have a low opinion of my music taste. You are waaaaaay off anyway

bobmcfc said:
Banned Tosspot said:
bobmcfc said:
Bros?

I was expecting you to say One Direction or something like that. You didn't disappoint, well you did in a way, seems you have a low opinion of my music taste. You are waaaaaay off anyway
Most ladies have dreadful taste in music so maybe you can shock me?

Banned Tosspot said:
bobmcfc said:
Banned Tosspot said:

The Doors. Fell in love at 13 and still love every part of their music . It wasn't very fashionable at the time but I didn't care

bobmcfc said:
Banned Tosspot said:
bobmcfc said:

The Doors. Fell in love at 13 and still love every part of their music . It wasn't very fashionable at the time but I didn't care
If "Riders On The Storm" was played on a loop for days on end, I would never get bored of it!

bobmcfc said:
Banned Tosspot said:
bobmcfc said:

They're OK but never really liked them.

Music fact for you. The back cover of Morrison Hotel was the Hard Rock Cafe where Beat It was filmed.

The-Doors-Morrison-Hotel-album-back-cover.jpg

hs6lfs.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.