Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Re: Battle of the Bands - U2 v Nirvana page 93

SteWadda said:
danburge82 said:
Chungo said:
Nirvana by a long long way

-- Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 am --

Why so much hate for nirvana?
I actually quite like some of their stuff but Britpop was formed as a response to the sick-of-life outlook, depressing tone and suicidal tendencies that followed the grunge scene.

Noel wrote "Live Forever" and "Cigarettes and Alcohol" as a 'yes, life can be shit but you've got to look in the bright side so...fuck it!' kind of note to grunge. I think many bands had the same idea as Oasis and so did a lot of British people.

Noel has said " If you listen to 'Nevermind' it still sounds like the future of rock."
He did. He also said - on the Joe Wiley music show last year - that Cobain was a massive talent and Nirvana made some brilliant music but they were "coming over here and telling people they were gonna kill themselves so I though 'I'm not having that' and wrote songs to say when life's shit you've just got to look at the positives even if those positives are only cigs n booze!"

Nirvana.

Fucking annoying some people vote basis the personality of a band member, why does that take anything away from there talent ? Is Ronaldo not one of the best footballers in the world on the basis hes a prick ?

Both great bands but U2 for me

24-19 to Nirvana.

Round 1 Matchday 15 -

AC/DC......................................................................................The Stone Roses
678k21.jpg
11c8607.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.