Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Re: Battle of the Bands - Echo & Bunnymen v Small Faces page 52

That Pete de Freitas (RIP) tried to chat up this lovely lady who had taken me to a very plush private party way back in 1985 when I was living in London, the cheeker fucker continued his attempts even after her telling him she was with me.He eventually went down the billy big bollocks pop star route while I looked on getting very pissed with the free drinks and smirking at his failed attempts.

For this reason I should be voting for the Faces.But I don't hold a grudge, and this thread with the Bunneymen reminded me of the summer months I spent with the filthy little minx,think I was her bit of common rough as she loved nothing more than spending some of her Daddies allowance on me and took me to loads of select posh parties with free drinks and the back then obligatory cocaine, plus more importantly she literally shagged me to near exhaustion most nights,

So thanks for the memories

The Bunnymen get me vote

Re: Battle of the Bands - Beach Boys v Led Zep page 7

danburge82 said:
The Beach Boys were good, but they never made a song as good as "Whole Lotta Love" (hardly anyone ever has!).

So Led Zeppelin wins for me.

That's entirely subjective,and one that I'd never agree with.I don't even think it was the best song on that second album.

Zeppelin never created anything anywhere near as fresh,original and ground breaking as Good Vibrations.Brian Wilson was far,far more important in the development of popular music than Led Zeppelin,who were famous plagiarists,ever were.

danburge82 said:
However, I don't like the Bee Gees at all. They're just a cheesy pop and disco act.

Now this is just a ridiculous post.A cheesy disco act? You're going to pigeonhole a group with one of the deepest,most varied songwriting catalogues based on a movie soundtrack? How much of their music have you actually listened to?

This whole thread is fucking pointless, you might as well pose the question who's better S Club 7 or The Pixies?

What it does do though is allow fantasists to post fabricated accounts of their hedonistic youth.

Jim Beam said:
This whole thread is fucking pointless, you might as well pose the question who's better S Club 7 or The Pixies?

What it does do though is allow fantasists to post fabricated accounts of their hedonistic youth.

S Club 7.

Re: Battle of the Bands - Beach Boys v Led Zep page 7

Rightoldcharmer said:
danburge82 said:
The Beach Boys were good, but they never made a song as good as "Whole Lotta Love" (hardly anyone ever has!).

So Led Zeppelin wins for me.

That's entirely subjective,and one that I'd never agree with.I don't even think it was the best song on that second album.

Zeppelin never created anything anywhere near as fresh,original and ground breaking as Good Vibrations.Brian Wilson was far,far more important in the development of popular music than Led Zeppelin,who were famous plagiarists,ever were.

danburge82 said:
However, I don't like the Bee Gees at all. They're just a cheesy pop and disco act.

Now this is just a ridiculous post.A cheesy disco act? You're going to pigeonhole a group with one of the deepest,most varied songwriting catalogues based on a movie soundtrack? How much of their music have you actually listened to?
I think danburge is getting his beach boys mixed up with his bee gees as disco/cheesy pop weren't around at the time of the beach boys

Jim Beam said:

Then fuck off and leave the rest of us to it,you miserable ****.
Echo and the Bunnymen.
Joolsbikini accusing other posters of being fantasists.
Ooh,the fucking ironing.

Jim Beam said:

Why click on it then you boring turkey? Are you posting from the 83rd floor?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.