Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Re: Battle of the Bands - Led Zeppelin v Stone Roses page 146

Let me just state now that although Jo Guest was robbed in the page 3 contest and I took it on the chin, despite Sian being knocked out of round 1 in the Coronation Street Babes contest and taking it like a man and Claudia Marie being mocked mercilessly on the Adult Actress Contest, if the Stone Roses go out in this round I shall have to consider throwing my toys from the pram and calling it a day with this thread.

Now you've been warned.

citykev28 said:
Let me just state now that although Jo Guest was robbed in the page 3 contest and I took it on the chin, despite Sian being knocked out of round 1 in the Coronation Street Babes contest and taking it like a man and Claudia Marie being mocked mercilessly on the Adult Actress Contest, if the Stone Roses go out in this round I shall have to consider throwing my toys from the pram and calling it a day with this thread.

Now you've been warned.
Didn't the Roses lose to AC/DC anyway?

citykev28 said:

Now you've been warned.

I'm with this.

The Stone Roses hit perfection briefly.

Zep were good, very good but never perfect. The Roses were perfect.

Banned Tosspot said:
citykev28 said:

Now you've been warned.
Didn't the Roses lose to AC/DC anyway?

Bore off prick.

Led Zepplin although I do love the roses it's like dating a supermodel for a bit and tryin to convince yourself that your local Manc bird that you are with at the time is in the same league but deep down in your heart you know that's never the case

Re: Battle of the Bands - Iron Maiden v Joy Division page 140

Banned Tosspot said:
Both incredibly overrated.

I'm saying Led Zep as they had a singer who can sing and musicians that were far better.

I agree with this.But as overrated as I feel Zep are,I do understand their appeal and as a musical arranger,Page at least deserves great props there.Stone Roses are simply a solid band that produced a solid debut LP that has been elevated to a ridiculous level over the last twenty or so years.Grossly overhyped by the music rags of the day and they had that perceived cool factor going for them too,which always helps(even if the material and actual talents of the group don't match it).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.