Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

1st half was nervy as hell, Haaland missing the pen & had visions of last seasons semi-final. The defence over both legs have been amazing

Two non penalties, in my opinion. But once he'd given ours, he was bound to give them their one, to avoid accusations of bias or inconsistency.
First was harsh but the player moved his arm from behind his back and diverted a shot.

Not sure what Akanji is supposed to do in that situation and his hand wasn’t in an unusual position, also not sure the ball wouldn’t have hit his body anyway but thankfully it was a minor annoyance.

Anyone got any idea when John Stones was looking so annoyed as he came off the pitch? Who upset him? Was it that Tuchel man? Was it that Mecano bloke? Was it the referee for giving that penalty?

If I find out they'll get the EB stare!!! ;-)

'Revenge will play a part against Real Madrid'​

FT: Bayern Munich 1-1 Man City (Agg 1-4)
81f665f8-5a62-485c-b5e6-bd26bf77baac.jpg

Nedum Onuoha
Former Manchester City defender on BBC 5 Live
From a fan perspective they're denfitely thinking about that.
I think they know that going into that 90th minute last year they were going to the final again.
People will be desperate too go and see it.
If you are the team that beats Real Madrid in this competition you have to believe you can win it all.
Both semi-finals are fantastic in their own individual right, and I am looking forward to seeing this City one.

'We feel we have a chance in every competition'​

Bayern Munich 1-1 Man City (Agg 1-4)
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City's Bernardo Silva, speaking to BT Sport: "We struggled until February because we couldn't get in that usual run we had before of winning 10-15 games in a row but now we are very consistent, we feel we have a chance in every competition and we are going for them.
"We are at that point of the season where if you drop your performance in one game you are out of a competition. It is going to be tough but we are going to work very hard to bring some titles home.
"Building win after win, that confidence, it is very important and we need to keep it that way."
On Erling Haaland: "Erling is a special player, a different player to what we had in the past. He doesn't need many touches. He is like a shadow for 85 minutes and touches the ball once it is a goal. When we have that special player in attack it makes us feel more comfortable at the back."
Revenge against Real Madrid? "Hopefully yes! We will go for it definitely. We always go for it but we feel the team is very, very confident at the minute. I think we are going through."

70017213-11991433-image-a-10_1681937743025.jpg

Its 24 years since united won that treble, 4 days before we struggled to overcome Gillingham in a play off final to get out of the 3rd tier.

If anyone on 30th May 1999 thought we'd ever be in the position to equal that feat, fair play.

Wonderful times.
We have been in a position to equal that feat for the past 5 years.

Anyone got any idea when John Stones was looking so annoyed as he came off the pitch? Who upset him? Was it that Tuchel man? Was it that Mecano bloke? Was it the referee for giving that penalty?

If I find out they'll get the EB stare!!! ;-)
He's from Yorkshire. Being vexed is their default setting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.