Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

Tuchel made a fool of himself and his antics transmitted to his players who lost control in the second half. He showed he is not mature enough to run an elite club and just got lucky at Chelsea. His behaviour was pathetic attention-seeking.
Thanks. "Pathetic attention seeking" eh? I just thought he was fucking deranged.

That was a great Champions League performance. It was similar to Atletico last year. We won the game in Manchester and saw it out in Munich. We constantly broke up play and slowed the game down. We frustrated them and Haaland completely knocked the wind out of their sails.

I expect us to control the game more against Madrid, but they're far more clinical than that Bayern side.

Last edited:
I didn't think BT were negative towards us either, I'm sure some people just sit there listening sometimes waiting to be offended by something.

You should read the media thread. If a commentator isnt raising their voice high enough with a goal/chance then they're anti City.

Same if a City article isn't placed high enough on a site.

Just how many Bayern players were booked for delaying the penalty kick? They should be in the book as Eddie was for timewasting. The issue of yellow cards is another way to manipulate a game. Put a player on a yellow and it diminishes their effectiveness. Put them on a yellow for something that isn't even considered most times in the PL and it's manipulation. And exactly how was either penalty a handball offence? Does every ref in every league apply the same criteria? I think not, and the next game when a ball grazes an elbow it'll be a corner. Just wait for a Sheff Utd player to punch the ball from under the bar and VAR will say 'corner'! There is a shabby covering of 'dodgy' integrity when it comes to the application of the LotG. They go on and on telling us it's the same game. Yeah, but not the same application of the Laws!

Job done, but we were living by our wits at times.

Limited opportunities for both teams, but we were under the cosh for much of the game.

Their speed on the wings and tenacity at closing down in the middle of the park created problems for us. We are not a strong, scrappy team and it put us under pressure most of the game.

Haaland’s penalty miss felt ominous, because I felt Bayern were capable of grabbing a couple of quick goals at any time. However, it didn’t play out that way, as they could not find the last pass or were reduced to shots from outside.

Defensively, we were very good…WHEN WE DIDN’T GET CAUGHT BRINGING THE BALL OUT! Their press was very good in the first half, which smothered us a bit, but we improved dramatically in the second half.

In the first half, I felt like Gundo was a passenger and Bernie was turning in too many circles and getting caught on the ball. Again, that improved in the second half.

Haaland took his chance well, but fluffed his lines twice. That needs to improve, harsh as that might sound. We are in “one chance, one goal” territory in this competition!

Stones & Dias were immense through the middle of the defence, but for me, KDB & Grealish were the brilliant pressure relief valves we needed at times.

It’s very, very hard to complain about a 1-1 result at the Allianz Arena when you’re bringing a 3-0 win with you from home. In anyone’s book, THAT IS A GOOD CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QF PERFORMANCE, no matter how one might feel about individual quality.

We went into a Lion’s Den and slayed the Lion! Getting the first goal (for both teams!) was vital. When Haaland missed his penalty, it felt like that opportunity was lost, but he made up for it later…which is what all good strikers do!

Job done! Now, win a couple of SFs, beat Arsenal at home, and ALL THINGS BECOME POSSIBLE!

Rest up, lads, Wembley is going to feel like a big pitch
Didn't catch any of the match last night but i do now know what Oliver Khan looks like.
The number of times the camera panned to him I was beginning to think he was on the subs bench and would be coming on at some point.

Not the most entertaining match to watch, but certainly a most efficient all-round, professional performance by City. The stuff of Champions.

Two absolutely ridiculous penalty decisions and a ref who loved himself too much.

The job was done in Manchester, we only went to Munich to piss on their chips. Job done, onto the next one.
Couldn't see what was wrong with the ref. We all expected an intense atmosphere, pressure from fans, manager and players. Ref showed with that red card (withdrawn when offside given) that he wasn't going to dodge the big decisions - none of the "just a coming together" or "too early in the game" nonsense. All right, harsh to give Gundogan a yellow when Kimmich kicked him/ball when he was on the ground, but Gundogan did retaliate, so, as with the penalty, he went by the rules. Thought he dealt with Tuchel well. When Akanji (I think) clattered one of theirs near the touch line the ref gave a yellow to Akanji - fair enough but not, apparently, enough for Tuchel who was waving and shouting for more - a red maybe? Someone has posted that Tuchel wanted to engineer his own sending off to prove (who knows?) that he and Bayern were badly done by. Overall I thought ref was pretty even-handed, and in my opinion he didn't show love of self but proper awareness of the position of the referee - a bit of dignity on display, and refusal to be intimidated by players or manager. Does that sound pompous?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.