Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

Great game management from us but sone of them decisions on both sides need looking at as the ref was way off it . I thought sane and Coman were really good and the worst performance ever over 2 ganes goes to umoercano who will probably never recover . We now need to beat nadrid who we outplayed for 189 minutes and we all know we are a better team but we need to concentrate .

Having slept on it, I've awoken immensely proud. City sides of past years would have crumbled last night but we were pretty solid overall. Few hairy moments with the pace out wide, and from a few turnovers where we gave the ball away in silly areas, but on the whole, we've gotta say over the two legs, that's gotta be right up there with our greatest performances in Europe.
I'm not sure why, but I really fancy us to beat Madrid.
Bring em on I say!!

Job done, but we were living by our wits at times.

Limited opportunities for both teams, but we were under the cosh for much of the game.

Their speed on the wings and tenacity at closing down in the middle of the park created problems for us. We are not a strong, scrappy team and it put us under pressure most of the game.

Haaland’s penalty miss felt ominous, because I felt Bayern were capable of grabbing a couple of quick goals at any time. However, it didn’t play out that way, as they could not find the last pass or were reduced to shots from outside.

Defensively, we were very good…WHEN WE DIDN’T GET CAUGHT BRINGING THE BALL OUT! Their press was very good in the first half, which smothered us a bit, but we improved dramatically in the second half.

In the first half, I felt like Gundo was a passenger and Bernie was turning in too many circles and getting caught on the ball. Again, that improved in the second half.

Haaland took his chance well, but fluffed his lines twice. That needs to improve, harsh as that might sound. We are in “one chance, one goal” territory in this competition!

Stones & Dias were immense through the middle of the defence, but for me, KDB & Grealish were the brilliant pressure relief valves we needed at times.

It’s very, very hard to complain about a 1-1 result at the Allianz Arena when you’re bringing a 3-0 win with you from home. In anyone’s book, THAT IS A GOOD CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QF PERFORMANCE, no matter how one might feel about individual quality.

We went into a Lion’s Den and slayed the Lion! Getting the first goal (for both teams!) was vital. When Haaland missed his penalty, it felt like that opportunity was lost, but he made up for it later…which is what all good strikers do!

Job done! Now, win a couple of SFs, beat Arsenal at home, and ALL THINGS BECOME POSSIBLE!

Rest up, lads, Wembley is going to feel like a big pitch and SUFC will chase everything!!

Don't worry about Haaland and improving in our next CL game. He will want to show his next year's employers how good he is at their own ground.

I didn't think BT were negative towards us either, I'm sure some people just sit there listening sometimes waiting to be offended by something.
An example from last night
At the start of the second half when handing over to the commentator, Humphries, or should I say "Humfreiz" said "Bayern need at least three goals to take it to extra time"
A truly English supporting broadcaster would have said "It's all in City's hands Thy just need to keep Bayern out"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.