Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

Dont agree with this as on another day, we could have scored 5 or 6 goals in the first leg. At no point did Bayern look like scoring, the game could have gone on for another half and they wouldn't have scored.

These are all ifs buts and mayb's, end of the day it was 4-1 and Bayern only scored with a disgusting penalty.
100% Sommer made some great saves in the first leg. We went through a lot more easily than I expected. Professional away performance and if the big man has a pen miss better it was last night rather than in a tight game - incidentally nothing was mentioned of their antics prior to the pen being taken - Neither pen should have been given but hey ho onto the next one. Erling to get past 50 goals this season in the first leg - bank it!

From the BBC....

City top the charts​

FT: Bayern Munich 1-1 Man City (Agg 1-4)
No team has scored more goals than Manchester City's 26 in the Champions League so far this season.
The fewest conceded? That's City as well, with the Blues' defence having only been breached on four occasions in this year's competition.
Effective at both ends of the pitch.

Don't believe the hype, we are nowhere near previous levels.

Timing is everything and we may just have it on our side, but ignore the hype train.

We got a chasing last night, certainly first half and were let off the hook.

Dias and Bernie had to compensate for some very below-par showings from Ake, Gundo, Kev and Rodri.

Still huge games to come in between and would have preferred Madrid at home for first leg, like Bayern, try and wipe them out.

No away goal means that whole playing home second is no advantage.
Disagree. First leg is “normally” close. Id rather they played at home first leg with something to lose. That way worst case we come away with a 1 goal deficit which we should be able to overturn and a clear awareness of what we need.

The idea of rolling madrid over in the first leg such that the second leg is a non contest is so wide of the mark.

When they had nothing to lose at home last season they pressured us and made us shit the bed. They dont do that to us at the etihad and they dont do that to us in a first leg either.

100% Sommer made some great saves in the first leg. We went through a lot more easily than I expected. Professional away performance and if the big man has a pen miss better it was last night rather than in a tight game - incidentally nothing was mentioned of their antics prior to the pen being taken - Neither pen should have been given but hey ho onto the next one. Erling to get past 50 goals this season in the first leg - bank it!

Wasn't our best performance, but to suggest Bayern were banging the door down and we were clinging on isn't accurate at all.

What did pep do at half time that stopped us getting murdered with peace on the wings? That’s what makes him brilliant. No noticeable changes yet it stopped happening. Stones and gunda dropping a bit deeper maybe? He did something though.

No away goals, but those Real fans at home sensed blood when they got their first goal last season and momentum swung significantly. If we need a comeback I'd back us in front of our home fans. If we need to dig in or get some luck then fan pressure on the officials, booing Real at every touch and doing our best to drag the team over the line. It works much better this way. It means we avoid going back there and potentially having the same fate. Go there, stay in the tie then bring them back for a thrashing
I agree, i would always choose to play a 2nd leg at home, because you know what you need to do.
Even if we are tied or a goal down, which i don't think we will be but still, our crowd will sense we will win because of the way the team is playing and because a big difference this year is that we have Erling!

BM left themselves too much to do but that stadium was loud and they threw everything at us in the beginning and even though we were hanging on, we did well to go in at halftime all square.

Overall, i thought it was a great away performance and RM will not be looking forward to playing us at all!

Wasn't our best performance, but to suggest Bayern were banging the door down and we were clinging on isn't accurate at all.

Results are all that matter in the champions league, Madrid weren’t great for large parts of both legs against City last year. City earned the right to play within themselves last night and contain Bayern, expanding more energy to put another 3 more past them would have been stupid considering the games we have coming up.

The way I see it. Where were Upam ecano's hands/arms when the ball was kicked? They were behind his back. Where was his elbow when it made contact with the ball? At least 6 inches away from his body. Pen all day. There's was a bit more subjective. Although Akanji had his arm in the air, it was for balance. The ball was kicked from a couple of foot against it. Pen, although its the rule thats wrong.
Mane's ridiculous smile is all you need to know about their "penalty". He was laughing at himself for even making a claim.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.