Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

We can flip it both ways. City were six inches away from Bayern reducing the deficit by two goals inside the first half hour.

It was a chasing because our flanks couldn't cope with their runners, hence why Pep says he changed it at the break to ensure Grealish and Bernie played closer to our back line.

Our midfield was wide open because Stones couldn't make up the extra man, having to run back all the time.

It was a chasing in terms of what City are usually exposed to.

Bayern are certainly a top team but I am under no illusions, we were not allowed to play well for long periods and a superior attack such as Real's will only cause us bigger issues if we go again with the same formation.
Tolm,

I am in no way saying we have played the best we could have but we are forgetting a little detail here.

Flip a coin were a penalty that 99/100 times should not be given and a very rare Haaland miss and we're talking a 5-0 against Bayern. BAYERN. Whether we had 85% possession or not the reality of the situation is, in the UCL when you get to these stages you will get ran at, fouled, mauled and hunted. It's the European top 8 and it is for a reason. What I saw last night in Bayern was 5 attackers running fast, but have no clue what to do in the front of goal, much like Tuchel's last months in Chelsea. I was more calm last night than I will be facing Arteta.

Now, this is the first time, ( Season ) were I have seen City actually adapt, give possession away, remain calm, make good decisions in defence, with a keeper that isn't losing his head every half. It shows maturity, lessons learned.

UIpamecano cost them the tie, but our defence killed us in Madrid last year. It's the typical margin in this Competition. We have conceded 5 goals in the last 11 games, and you know full well who we played.

Madrid is very good, but they have a slower build up, a more lacklustre defence than Bayern, a very very good keeper and lethal finishers. IF the Bayern tie was won on defence, which it was, the Madrid one will be won in Midfield as it was last year before we fell asleep. Modric and Kroos are immense, but against midfield transitions in the way we play they suffer massively.

Micah is possibly the worst Pundit of all time, a pantomime of a person who schtick is just shouting, grinning, stupid haircuts and drinking maximuscle.

He's an embarrassment to City fans when there are much better ex city players who could do a far better job

He's created a TV persona that imo has got out of hand. He's like the 'class clown' playing up to the cameras. A nice lad but ivery rritating.
His problem is most likely to be that he doesn't have the level if credibility that his co-pundits have and tries too hard to 'out personality' them.

I don't personally think he's an embarrassment to anyone but himself but, to be honest, I doubt that he's bothered about it whatsoever.

As a football 'expert', he lags a (very) long way behind Nedum Onuha in my opinion.

I don't think cards are wiped unless anyone wants to prove otherwise
Cards are cleared
The difference between the “flip” is yours would have them still losing by 2 goals and mine would have them a man down with another half of football to be played still losing 3-0. And, as far as actually certain goal scoring opportunities, they only didn’t lose at home because of a penalty miss and a very dubious handball (I consider the Upamecano handball to be nailed as he absolutely meant to stick out his arm).

I think you saw a chasing, and I saw what both Bernardo and Kev spoke about in their post-match interviews: intentional tactics that we as fans are somewhat unaccustomed to but which are the necessary next step to hopefully secure our first CL.

Pep always has concerns and makes tweaks, as he did for the second half, but the team was playing exactly as he wanted them to. Bayern are the second best team in Europe and were always going to have chances. And we always had an answer.

For me, it was nowhere near a chasing. Bayern huffed and puffed and couldn’t blow our well-built house down. They got a “we’re sorry” penalty at the end to make it look far closer than it was.

In fact, it could have been a blow out if not for a marginal offside, a missed penalty, and a few squandered chances (they didn’t defend them well, we just wasted them with poor decision-making or passes in the moment).
Bayern were the better side in both 1st laf legs imo

Sane could & should have been a hero in both games

I didn't mind us not having the ball as much v Bayern, it was a game changer in City going through to the Semi Finals & Real are just the same they ate poor at the back
Last year we should have won 7-3 at home & away fuck me we had so many good chances to close it out
Still chasing the game when in front has bummed us over the years imo

I wouldnt be suprised to see our back 4 like this
Walker Stones Akanji Dias

Laporte isn't good enough at LB

I genuinely don't know. Never thought there would come a day where I thought an injury to Ake could be seen as a huge blow.

I fear Ake might miss the rest of the run-in with a hammy.

If it was just a twinge/grade 1 tear it might only be 2-3 weeks.

He walked off ok and didn’t go down the tunnel for treatment just had it strapped up on the bench.

Liew in the Guardian: There is a treble there for the taking and it would be weirdly poetic if they did so by conquering Arsenal and Manchester United at home, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid and Milan in Europe: a roll-call of Europe’s legacy clubs, all bowing to the coming force.”

man-city-lawyers.gif

darth-vader-dark-side.gif

The force is strong with this one....

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.