Bayern Munich (A) - Wed 19th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so nervous and it’s only just gone 8 am ffs. Just please don’t concede an early goal city. At times I think I love this football club too much, no chance I’m getting anything productive done today!
I'm the same. We are 3 - 0 up and I'm still terrified

Still shitting it as typical City still lingers with a 58 year old. Will come on here at about 9.55 and either feel deflated ecstatic or shitting it if it goes to extra time!!!
I get yer! The way I look at it, if we had gone to Bayern and lost the first leg 3-0 I'd be thinking we have no chance of overturning that against a good side. For a team to beat us by 3 goals will take the performance of the century and us to be very poor.

I get yer! The way I look at it, if we had gone to Bayern and lost the first leg 3-0 I'd be thinking we have no chance of overturning that against a good side. For a team to beat us by 3 goals will take the performance of the century and us to be very poor.

Not going to happen. Have you seen the way that defence has been playing recently? John boy back in the form of his life. Aké player of the season. The thunderous return of Rúben, with his qualities of leadership. Akanji looking fairly calm and solid, with the players around him obviously helping his game. Even Ed seems to have become cuter in his decisions recently — when Kev lost the ball in midfield, I was certain that Ed was going to come haring out in his customary Mad Max manner and probably get a red. Not a bit of it — he came a bit off his line to generally put the opposing attacker off and close the angle, he trusted Nathan to get back, and Nathan duly obliged.
You've even got players like Jack getting back and blocking crosses.
I think it's the quality of the defence more than anything that convinces me that this year we're going to do it. We might lose this game 1-0 (although I don't really expect even that, I'm just disciplining myself to have the usual City pessimism).

Assume Pep's theory will be score 2 and they'll need 5. Don't want to sit back and invite them but would prefer a more defensive set up and given their need to attack, hit them on the break. Will be interesting, not sure I can sit through another 6-5 tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.