Come on City….we need
Calm heads
Hard work
Experience
Intelligence
Be clinical
Some luck (for once)
No red cards
And we will sail through, a lots been said already, but I feel the most important aspect of the game is when we score (because we will) if it’s early, it’s done, if it’s late it could be defining, if it’s in extra time, I’ll be a bag of nerves!
Is there a case for KDB or Gundo starting from the bench ? Previous games in the CL have seen an experience drain, we’re gonna need a ‘finisher’ of that ilk to guide us home

Assume Pep's theory will be score 2 and they'll need 5. Don't want to sit back and invite them but would prefer a more defensive set up and given their need to attack, hit them on the break. Will be interesting, not sure I can sit through another 6-5 tie.
The possession number was uncharacteristically low vs Bayern Munich. The numbers would be about the same in the second leg, I think. He mentioned the dangerous moments and the loss of control, but the tactics wasn't modified substantially during the match to reverse the possession numbers. The forwards actually set back even more while pressing. I think he will be very defensive-minded.

Calm as a cucumber for this. Our players remember what happened in Madrid last season. I am sure Pep will remind them anyway. It would take our worst performance of the season to get knocked out. For perspective, we have scored three or more goals in the last six matches, so considering we are winning 0-3 from the get-go, we will ease through. We are Man City, and they should be afraid. I am sure they are.

City squad for our trip to Munich:
(In squad number order)

Kyle Walker
Rúben Dias
Kalvin Phillips
John Stones
Nathan Aké
Ilkay Gündogan
Erling Haaland
Jack Grealish
Aymeric Laporte
Rodrigo
Stefan Ortega
Kevin De Bruyne
Julian Alvarez
Bernardo Silva
Sergio Gómez
Manuel Akanji
Riyad Mahrez
Ederson
Máximo Perrone
Scott Carson
Phil Foden
Cole Palmer
Rico Lewis
Walker in nets, I like it.

There's no doubt City are in the box seat, 3 goals to the good, and we're absolutely one of the best sides around these days. But it's completely valid to recognise that Bayern are a very decent side, on their day, and of course they are capable of scoring against us. I thought they attacked well for 65 mins at ours but generally defended poorly. Another day they might have nicked one and this tie would have looked a lot nastier.

We've been in box seats before, e.g. leading Real Madrid 5-3 in the 90th minute last season!, so it's completely logical to have a bit of nerves. If Bayern progress tonight, they'll need to be brilliant but it'll take some disaster on our part too. A regular City performance should see us through, win lose or draw. Come on Blues.

Also very nervous, we have to play our game, be calm, no easy mistakes, dont´t concede an early goal, take the chances. I think it will be tough, a lot of Bayern fans are very optimistic and positive, so let´s keep calm and get the job done. For me the same starting XI like the first leg, hopefully no experiments from Pep. All boys in blue a good match and a nice stay in Munich.

Last edited:
we will need a level head and no switching off tonight, lessons from the Madrid game last season when we lost our heads when really we should have just kept the ball and killed the game, using the old dirty tricks of time wasting and fake injuries anything to get over the line,

There will be millions wanting us to fail tonight,they will be hoping for the one of the biggest cock ups in our recent history,the usual wankers in the MSM probably already have their reports written.......so,let's show them what we are all about......stay professional,stay strong and go and put another three past the German rag cunts.

Can't wait for 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.