Bayern Munich (A) - Wed 19th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling we'll shit up the whole of Europe.

They have to attack us. I feel very confident we'll win by 4 at a minimum.

We ain't scared of anyone in Europe anymore. It's time Europe were scared of us. Were giving off the imperious vibes of past great European teams.

You don't happen to have a spirit guide who wears a big fedora and fur coat and goes by the name of Malcolm do you? :-)

Even if we go through strongly I reckon Real will still fancy their chances based on their attitude and record in this competition but when we're on it I'm not sure there is a team in Europe that can live with us.

Also very nervous, we have to play our game, be calm, no easy mistakes, dont´t concede an early goal, take the chances. I think it will be tough, a lot of Bayern fans are very optimistic and positive, so let´s keep calm and get the job done. For me the same starting XI like the first leg, hopefully no experiments from Pep. All boys in blue a good match and a nice stay in Munich.
Same. Of course we should coast through it; we're not a bad side, you know. I just can't shrug off the nervousness I feel about tonight. Keep them out for the first half, we don't want them getting a relatively early goal. Even better, we get the first goal. It'll be a case of watching from behind the sofa tonight!

The possession number was uncharacteristically low vs Bayern Munich. The numbers would be about the same in the second leg, I think. He mentioned the dangerous moments and the loss of control, but the tactics wasn't modified substantially during the match to reverse the possession numbers. The forwards actually set back even more while pressing. I think he will be very defensive-minded.

We adopted a similar approach against Arsenal away, as well. As you say, it's uncharacteristic for us not to dominate possession, but it also allows us to counter and exploit the huge spaces at the other end, something that doesn't happen a lot against City. We will get chances tonight, hopefully we're clinical when they arrive and the defence performs as well as it has been doing recently.

We adopted a similar approach against Arsenal away, as well. As you say, it's uncharacteristic for us not to dominate possession, but it also allows us to counter and exploit the huge spaces at the other end, something that doesn't happen a lot against City. We will get chances tonight, hopefully we're clinical when they arrive and the defence performs as well as it has been doing recently.
The Viking with the beautiful hair will do the job.

There's no doubt City are in the box seat, 3 goals to the good, and we're absolutely one of the best sides around these days. But it's completely valid to recognise that Bayern are a very decent side, on their day, and of course they are capable of scoring against us. I thought they attacked well for 65 mins at ours but generally defended poorly. Another day they might have nicked one and this tie would have looked a lot nastier.

We've been in box seats before, e.g. leading Real Madrid 5-3 in the 90th minute last season!, so it's completely logical to have a bit of nerves. If Bayern progress tonight, they'll need to be brilliant but it'll take some disaster on our part too. A regular City performance should see us through, win lose or draw. Come on Blues.
Jesus, every time I read it like that I have to laugh or cry.

How the fuck did we manage to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.