Bayern Munich away travel details - UPDATE

Re: Bayern Munich away travel details.

trains free on match day so long as you have match ticket no problem city centre to ground

Quite a few of my mates have booked on this. Anyone know what area the hotel will be in?

want to see if it's near our hotel, we're in the Eurostar grand central near the main train station

paco said:
trains free on match day so long as you have match ticket no problem city centre to ground

No. Not at Bayern Munich.

We have explained that before why Munich does not have the match ticket included. A lot of Bayern fans do not come out of the nearer region - and if they do they often already have month tickets for public transport. There is too less persons that would benefit from it with too much costs for the ones that do not. It is different in other cities in the Bundesliga where the inclusion of public transport makes sense - in Munich it does not.

Maldeika said:
paco said:

No. Not at Bayern Munich.

We have explained that before why Munich does not have the match ticket included. A lot of Bayern fans do not come out of the nearer region - and if they do they often already have month tickets for public transport. There is too less persons that would benefit from it with too much costs for the ones that do not. It is different in other cities in the Bundesliga where the inclusion of public transport makes sense - in Munich it does not.

It was free when I went in 2011 for on a stag do. Was written on the ticket.

Del_Bosque said:
Quite a few of my mates have booked on this. Anyone know what area the hotel will be in?

want to see if it's near our hotel, we're in the Eurostar grand central near the main train station

You did not quote anything? Did you mean the "haus international"

http://www.haus-international.de/en/content/en_unterkunft.php?lang=en

prices: http://www.haus-international.de/en/content/preise/hi_pr_low12_13.pdf

It is behind the Olympic Parc in direction inner city. Takes about 15 minutes (with a change of busses or tram) to get to the main station - or 20 minutes to half an hour to the Marienplatz.

If you need help with trains etc. - just PM me.

Feed_the_Blackley_Blue said:
paul_blue said:
simon31goat said:
anyone know of any cheap flights looking at going monday to wensday everything looks pricey

Im going Monday to wednesday from manchester cost me £177 for flights. Depart 17.35 arrive 20.35. Coming back depart wednesday 08.55 arrive in manc 10.05.

staying in a hostel on the monday night (Hostel haus international) for £26, and will just get my head down in the airport after the game.

Where did you find that flight for that cheap? When did you book?

I booked with Lufthansa when the dates were confirmed the same night as the draw

10 of us have booked at the 3 star Hotel Andra 1km from Munich centre with a direct flight on Monday morning from Manchester to Munich on Singapore Airlines 777 at 8:55am (free booze & food) arriving Munich 12 noon, returning 15:25 Wednesday from Munich with a 2 hour stop over at Hamburg, then on to Manchester for 19:20pm, all booked yesterday with Opodo for £296.50 each. Our Hotel is now now booked up but plenty more 2, 3 and 4 star hotels on same trip still availale for between £280 and £330.

Coming back after the game is not for us, still a few hours for the craic in Munich, late to bed, leisurely Wednesday morning in Munich and train to airport at around 1pm in time for toppping up session! I believe you can get a three day all region train/tram/bus pass for 53 euro for up to 5 people, very good value.

I think staying the second night gives you a bit more relaxation, wouldn't fancy going straight to the Airport after the game. Not sure which Hotel the Sporting Tour company is using but as I said there are plenty still available close to the City centre. Whichever way you go, good luck, should be a belter.

Bluemoonrising95 said:
How many points do you reckon will be needed to get a ticket

At this point I think its impossible to say. With it being the last game of the group stages it will depend on what we require from the game. This will determine the demand for tickets.

I'm on the cup scheme with 7000+pts. Hoping this will be enough regardless of what is needed from the match....

simon31goat said:
anyone know of any cheap flights looking at going monday to wensday everything looks pricey

£100 for heathrow return with lufthansa

£24 down to London by train advance booking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.