Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

To be fair to them De Bruyne was off the pitch when Rodri kicked it out, I didn't mind them at all last night (apart from Pavard). It was actually a breath of fresh air Bayern playing the way they did. Most weeks come to our place and spend most of the time wasting time with goal kicks and throw ins ect
They went toe to toe with us and really enjoyed it.

Agreed. Beats watching a team park the buss on the off-chance they'll counter us any day of the week.

Just remembered they didn't give us the ball back after Rodri booted it out when Kev went down. Wankers.
KDB was off the pitch so in fairness they had no need to play the ball back. Our gang should have got KDB back on the pitch then kicked the ball out. Ideally you need to have the throw in before stopping the game as the ref could easily have played on even if KDB was on the pitch. It pissed me off as well but they were getting desperate.

There seems to be widespread agreement that the match was evenly balanced for an hour before City "overpowered" Bayern, but few analysts have tried to explain how and why the Germans went from a team comfortable in possession which carried menace in their play to a defensive shambles which always looked likely to concede and rarely, if at all, threatened. The best, and just about the only, analysis is that provided by Michael Brown, Nedum and Steph Houghton after the match. For them the key was the replacement of KdB by Julien Alvarez, an attacking midfielder by a striker, who played as such. This strengthened our press, giving us four to press their back four and two minutes later Upamecano was pressed into the serious mistake which led to our second. City pressure provoked a defensive disintegration which ended Bayern's match as an attacking force and disrupted them as a unit. Both Michael and Nedum agreed that Pep also saw this as a defensive substitution ... by bringing on a striker! We've often said that Pep doesn't see football in the same way as others do and this shows how he can change the face of a match by one substitution. As the two pointed out, though, when it doesn't work Pep is accused of "overthinking" and "tinkering". Most likely he is simply a football genius!

Nope. They can't defend and over two legs, it will be too much to ask.

I want Madrid.

Most of me wants Chelsea because it's Frank Lampard against Pep Guardiola in a CL semi-final and we'd take the piss.

But then another part of me wants Madrid to fuck those demons off from last season. Same stage of the competition, perfect time for the players to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Still wound up at that first leg last season, we should've walked away from that with 6/7 goals and a 3/4 goal lead.

Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed our performance last night, we should not underestimate Bayern‘s ability to still win the tie. If Bayern score early their tails will be up supported by a large and partisan crowd. We all remember what happened last year in the latter stages of the Madrid game when we all more or less thought that we were home and dry. It will be a night when cool heads prevail.

Madrid or Chavs? Hard one, Madrid are sneaky bastards, at some point Chelsea will get some results. Lampard v Pep? Yep sounds good.

Madrid have that twat Rudiger, revenge for last season and the CL Final rolled into one?

really can’t wait for Michael “Pep” Corleone to settle all family business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.