Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

Feels like there's something Italian about the way we're defending at the moment. Four big, tough, players who love to defend / tackle and are all comfortable in possession.

The system is more innovative but the attitude about stopping the other team getting easy chances is the same.

We've started making it as difficult as possible to score against us. Bodies on the line every time.
And not a single natural full back amongst them.

He looked a player in the chavs youth team.

Similar to when we signed Yaya, Kun & Dave I was over the Bluemoon when he joined us.
Watched him since his early days at Bournemouth, he was a class act back then, positional sense better than anyone I can recall seeing, the general lack of enthusiasm for his signing was piss poor to be honest, though most have now woken up to his qualities. There isn't a better out and out defender in the premier league than Ake

read most of this thread but not all

no mentions of the strange one side first half performance of the man in the middle he gave us nothing and the linesman or is it person these days missed the ball going out of play on numerous occasions

overall it was fantastic game

General consensus (and one I agree with) seems to be that the ref was good, far better than the fuckwits we get in the league. I don't recall a single controversial decision of any note (for either side)

There has been a clear shift for City's play. We have always been a team for control, but actually Walker and Cancelo would sometimes negate some of that which is great sometimes, but other times it causes instability. Although we didn't have loads of the ball last night, having Stones and Ake gives stability and they are both able to play different positions for us. Last night Stones actually played how we finished the game against Liverpool, CB & 6, it was really fluid between him, Ake and Rodri in who cycled between those spots.
Bernardo gave Alphonso Davies absolute nightmares, he obv didn't think Bernie would take him on but at times he was taking the piss out of him. I'm sure there was one moment where he megged Davies 3 times in a row!
Rodri's goal was brilliant, he clearly has it in his locker to score different types of goals and should be encouraged to do so as much as possible imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.