Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

Can't stop smiling at this one. Especially as it was over the German rags. We showed all the metal needed to win the CL. We plugged in and stayed strong and organised when under pressure. When called upon, Eddie was class and the defence was there and at the other end we pressed and hounded them and forced them into error after error and took advantage. Bodies on the line to keep the clean sheet and we left it all on the pitch. Could have been 4 or 5 in the end.

What was good to see was that we kept our heads and didn't go too gung-ho in search of a 4th at the expense of conceding, which in previous years we've been guilty of. We stayed balanced. Pep bollocked the ball boy for getting the ball back too quickly, he made sure we nursed every throw in and goal kick to kill the game off. Those things are critical if we want to win the CL.

Second leg reminds me of when we lost 3-0 to the dippers and we all thought if we scored early then we might be able to produce a miracle. And maybe if that Sane goal had been allowed we would have done. The tie isn't over by a long way, the key will be to quieten their crowd, not let them build any momentum and then score a killer goal. That said a boring 0-0 draw will do me. Fingers crossed we see the job through but the media headlines leading up to the game will all be about 'How can poverty stricken Bayern beat money laden City'.

Second leg reminds me of when we lost 3-0 to the dippers and we all thought if we scored early then we might be able to produce a miracle. And maybe if that Sane goal had been allowed we would have done. The tie isn't over by a long way, the key will be to quieten their crowd, not let them build any momentum and then score a killer goal. That said a boring 0-0 draw will do me. Fingers crossed we see the job through but the media headlines leading up to the game will all be about 'How can poverty stricken Bayern beat money laden City'.
First 15 minutes will be vital. Get the ball in the fridge, take the edge off the game.

I'm at a loss where to begin. I suppose that being a veteran of City's chequered road since the 50s the last 15 years have been the best by far but last night was a real highlight. We've always known that Pep's teams are unbelievably clever with the ball but last night I could not believe just how effective we were without the ball. To give Bayern credit they looked very silky in possession but always seemed to go down blind alleys and dead ends. Our defence was superb and I know how unfair it is to Dias, Akanji and Ake but if pushed I would have to give special mention to Johnny Stones. I think he is one of, if not the, best footballing CBs in world football but last night I saw that he is also one of the most intelligent. He was superb. But then again so was the whole tem.

First 15 minutes will be vital. Get the ball in the fridge, take the edge off the game.

Absolutely, football can make strange things happen. They are a good side and if anyone switches off they could sneak an early goal. Take the sting out of the game stay compact and get to half time, then go looking for number four.

Possession stats on bbc say 56% bayern and i dont see that having been the case at all
Most of that was in Bayern's half up to their ⅔ mark. We were happy for them to have the ball there, because the ball was too far away to pose us a threat.

Very mature of us. Conserve your energy & concentration, & spring into action when the opportunity presents itself...

Feels like there's something Italian about the way we're defending at the moment. Four big, tough, players who love to defend / tackle and are all comfortable in possession.

The system is more innovative but the attitude about stopping the other team getting easy chances is the same.

We've started making it as difficult as possible to score against us. Bodies on the line every time.
Pep reinvents the way football is played on a regular basis. I love the bald genius

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.